Liked: 0

Default VARA vs. Formula Ford "The Series"

Last year VARA had an average of 11 Formula Fords at each event vs. Formula Ford "The Series" average of 22.5 per event.

22 to 25 of the best Formula Fords drivers will be at Willow Springs on March 8, 9, 2008. Two challenging trophy races. First through third awards given for each race. Points given for the end-of-the-year Championship 1st thru 3rd place awards. Formula Ford "The Series" is user friend, no politics, no BS. Just great racing and camaraderie. Ask our members.

Thanks to our supporters: Bill Simpson "Impact," Ivey Racing Engines, Porter Racing, Williams Racing Development, HSR-West Racing, Royal Purple, Fast Forward Racing Components.

We are only Formula Ford. Check out our website: www.euroformulaford.com/ff/
    Last edited by Richard Holladay; 03.01.08 at 8:23 PM.

Liked: 492

Now that the Indy Cars have merged, maybe we can get VARA and HSR West to talk................probably not!
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

I find the use of "VARA vs. FF" in the title and "No politics, no BS" in the same post to be ironic .

Liked: 69

Default No Politics???

Your right Rick. How Ironic is that. No politics???? Yeah Right!!!!

Kim Madrid
    Kim Madrid

CF 291

Liked: 47

Default I Don't Get It

I thought the idea is to GROW FF in Southern California, not to fight for slices of the pie that are already there.

I have run with VARA, on and off since 1985. I have also taken a serious look at racing in "The Series". I've always appreciated the efforts that have been made to promote "The Series". Shouting "I'm the Greatest" never hurt anybody (just ask Muhammed Ali in his early days). If it drew in new blood to revitalize the class, it's all good. But to try to draw comparisons, or to "step on" another organization's efforts to promote themselves- that, IMHO is poor taste.

BTW- specifically what is meant by the phrase "no politics, no BS" anyway? If I show up in my Van Diemen with an 1800cc, 12:1 compression, aluminum flywheel Cortina that revs to 9000rpm will you let me run?

Thread Information