Thread: Weber 32 DFM

Liked: 259

Default Weber 32 DFM

anyone have a Weber 32 DFM they no longer need? prefer stock configuration although will consider race prepared by premier FF engine service; the Cortina project requires the old Weber.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 123

Did you get all the stuff you needed for the bottom end? A friend of mine just bought a "fresh FFord engine", sight unseen, and when it arrived it was a pre-uprated. I could hook you up if you have any interest.

Brian

Brian-

I've found a new set of +0.030" pistons so am in pretty good shape on the bottom end. almost everything else can be used in either engine so availability is much better. the Weber 32 DFM, a set of 0.436" OD lifters, and a second unmolested intake manifold are all that's left on the Cortina unique list. Cortina intake manifolds and lifters are listed in the BAT catalog so will check with them this next week. all that said, for now I'll pass on used Cortina engine. THANKS for the thought!!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 123

Default Lifters

I used to run older Kent engines, 120E based. I always had the machine shop open up the lifter bores to fit the later lifters. The quality of new lifters for the early size may be a little suspect now, and certainly the newer ones are a lot easier to find. Just a thought.

Brian

Brian-

as much as I'd like to be able to use the larger lifters in the Cortina, I don't see authority for the block modification in the current GCR. the point of the curiosity is to find out if the Cortina's asthma problem can be helped in a compliant manner that enables all compliance questions to be sent packing. both Cortina valves are smaller than uprated; intake:
    1.502"/1.560" (delta=0.058") and exhaust: 1.252"/1.340" (delta-0.088"). it's my sense based on the intake valve/exhaust valve diameter ratios (uprated: 1.560"/1.340"=1.1642 and Cortina: 1.502"/1.252"=1.1997) that more than just a much better tuned exhaust will be required to help the patient.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 947

Default Carb and Manifold

Art,

Sent you an email on the carb and manifold.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Default Weber 32 DFM wanted

found a stock Cortina intake manifold in good shape so am back to looking for a Weber 32 DFM. prefer stock but will consider Weber 32 DFM prepared by major engine builder. any extra Weber 32 DFM's or Cortina "junk" taking up valuable space in a shop/garage that's been "uprated"??

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

still no Weber 32 DFM's................ does anyone know what kind(s) of car it came stock on?? none of my Weber references have anything to say about it. given it's a later model than the DFD, is it just a "smog" version of the DFD??? any information on Weber 32 DFM carburetors would be greatly appreciated. if one can't be bought, the desert has a way of preserving interesting stuff if I knew what to look for

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 947

Art,

Have you checked with the guys at Rancho Cortina? Simon Horton. He might know.

Send and email to simon@ranchcortina.com

Other sources:
    http://www.lotus-cortina.com/links.htm

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 0

sent you an email with photos of the carb and manifold i have if you want it.

Default Weber 32 DFM - probably set for now

THANKS for all the responses to my post looking for Weber 32 DFM's; heard from some great folks with very interesting stories!! I've purchased one and will have another on the way soon so should have enough pieces between the two for one good one back from the engine builder. the word back from most folks is the Weber 32 DFM is the preferred carburetor over the Weber 32 DFD; I'm looking forward to getting the dyno's opinion!! thanks again for all of the kind help, it's greatly appreciated!!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Thread Information