Thread: Car Insurance

Liked: 2

Default Car Insurance

I'm curious are any of you vintage guys and gals carry off track insurance on your race cars? Any suggestion on carriers? I insure my collector steet cars with Hagerty, and an initial phone call to them indicated they might cover an up coming race car (formula) purchase. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morrison; 01.22.08 at 6:33 PM.

Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

I've long insured my race cars with Parish-Heacock Insurance (Now called Heacock Classic).

This is NOT on-track insurance. Rather, it's basically property insurance to cover fire, theft (no small consideration these days) and even things like a fire in the paddock or a road accident while towing. But NO on track damage. The cost is VERY reasonable based on stated value of the race car(s). I can't imagine not having property insurance on my race cars and am alwyas amazed at how few racers insure their race cars. While my cars aren't really big-buck race cars, it would put a dent in my financial statement (not to mention my heart) if they were to up a disappear or burn up or something like that and I had to replace them. Ouch!!!

I've been told on-track insurance for race cars does exist, but if available, it's WAY un-affordable. Let's face it. If you can't afford to fix on-track accident damage, you're probably in the wrong sport, sport.

FYI, I also have a separate policy from Heacock for my road going, limited use collector car (an old PV-544 Volvo). Again, very cheap insurance. Of course that policy is mostly about auto liability, more so than property loss, but it's way cheaper than trying to insure the car with under our regular car insurance company for our everyday street cars. Your mileage may vary.

Liked: 9

I have spent many hours researching the on-track insurance question. Just when I thought I had a solution, Gainsco pulls out of the business.

One company does offer it but at $2,000 per weekend, I suspect not many people have signed up for that one. If you want to pay $2,000 per weekend for full damage coverage I can tell you where to find that.

If you are a big bucks pro team, many companies offer insurance.

I may be homing in on another solution for us little guys. I will post any conclusions, either positive or negative.

Dean
    Dean
    Wolf GB08
    Austin
    www.motorsports-sw.com

Liked: 0

You can also get off track coverage through K & K insurance, just google them for contact info.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default OFF track Insurance.

I have a "Declared Value" policy for $45.000 on my car and it only cost $270.00 a year.
    www.parishheacock.com or call 1-800-274-1804. You need to work with them so they know what kind of car you have and they can explain what Is and what Is Not covered.
    Every time I see one of these Stolen Trailer reports I'm glad I have it.

Liked: 146

Ive got on track cover for my historic car with a local insurer - carrier - Shannons. The on track cover is only an extra $200 per year. Total cost $500 pa, with $1000 track excess, and nil excess other damage, fire or theft. I get windscreen cover too, with a new screen every year.

They only do track cover for over 20 year old cars, and want to cover the rest of your cars, provided they are parked off road. The CLK is $1,200, wife's A Class Benz $800, and Lotus Europa $300.

I doubt they would cover North American Cars, but there would have to be a carrier in the US that would do this sort of deal.

http://www.shannons.com.au/

Liked: 8

I've got a Hagerty Policy on my wife's '63 Mini Cooper for the street and another one for my Lola 596 S2 car for everywhere BUT on the track. Sent photos, talked with an agent, agreed on an insurable value and bought the coverage. I've been told my home-owners policy probably DOESN'T cover anything with wheels.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

bross27

Default ON TRACK Insurance

January 19, 2008

Happy New Year from the staff at Everitt Boles Ltd & Everitt Boles Intl, USA.
    After an extremely successful 2007, I wanted to let you know that for 2008, we will again be able to provide to all Apex Speed members, teams, and drivers our complete and comprehensive insurance coverage including ON TRACK physical damage, Off track storage, transport and paddock coverage, disability, general liability, and many other services that should help you make yours and their 2008 season a success.

Please contact our office at 630-215-5257 or via e-mail for further additional information and pricing. For faster service, a quotation request is also available on the website.

We are able price complete season, partial seasons, single race events, series and private testing.

For those drivers that are renting or for those teams doing prep or rentals, this is the perfect alternative to the “crash deposit”.

We offer “boutique-pricing” which allows teams and drivers the ability to customize their coverage limits, deductibles, and extras.

]You or your clients will not pay for someone else’s history. All quotes are driver / team specific.

We look forward to working with you this season.
    Sincerely,
    Brett Ross
    Everitt Boles Intl, USA
    630-215-5257—direct
    www.everittboles.com
    brett@everittboles.com
    Last edited by bross27; 01.20.08 at 1:28 AM. Reason: fixed grammer

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by bross27 View Post
    January 19, 2008

Happy New Year from the staff at Everitt Boles Ltd & Everitt Boles Intl, USA.
    After an extremely successful 2007, I wanted to let you know that for 2008, we will again be able to provide to all Apex Speed members, teams, and drivers our complete and comprehensive insurance coverage including ON TRACK physical damage, Off track storage, transport and paddock coverage, disability, general liability, and many other services that should help you make yours and their 2008 season a success.

Please contact our office at 630-215-5257 or via e-mail for further additional information and pricing. For faster service, a quotation request is also available on the website.

We are able price complete season, partial seasons, single race events, series and private testing.

For those drivers that are renting or for those teams doing prep or rentals, this is the perfect alternative to the “crash deposit”.

We offer “boutique-pricing” which allows teams and drivers the ability to customize their coverage limits, deductibles, and extras.

]You or your clients will not pay for someone else’s history. All quotes are driver / team specific.

We look forward to working with you this season.
    Sincerely,
    Brett Ross
    Everitt Boles Intl, USA
    630-215-5257—direct
    www.everittboles.com
    brett@everittboles.com
    Can anyone provide any feedback on this individual or the particular company.

The same writer has contacted our club out of the blue with the same advertising message. I note that the board has banned the composer but that could be for different reasons.

A search of the forums does not show any prior posts mentioning this company.

Thanks.

Liked: 9

I have talked with them and met Brett in person. They appear to be legit. The parent company writes insurance in the UK.

I just can't afford them.
    Dean
    Wolf GB08
    Austin
    www.motorsports-sw.com

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Sent application to the Company re: insurance for my Formula race car........was told I would hear back in 2 days......I have never heard anything after supplying lots of data.

Personally when someone says they will get back, and never does, may signal a problem. Also it is not very professional. I don't have much confidence here.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

FF23
    Liked: 0

Default Heacock Classick on my stuff

Heacock Classic was the way to go on my stuff. STP insurance (storage, transport, paddock).
    If you can't afford to crash, better stop racing NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were one of the few companies who would insure trailers. They said they prefer to only insure race cars, but they would cover trailers as a courtesy to their customers. Less than 1% on race cars and a little over 1% on trailers.
    Gerald.

Liked: 7

Are there any insurace companies avaliable that don't require 10years driving experiance? (Heacock Classic does)

Guess I am on the young side here, I rather have some insurance then none!

Thread Information