Liked: 0

What can I use to cover/protect the frame that is also resistant to brake fluid. Powercoat is not the answer.

Liked: 3

I think that "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch can take a brake fluid bath and not get stripped. It is unlike other paints (hence the name) and does not respond to the same solvents that other paints do. This also means that you'll need to buy the special thinner/cleaner for it as well.
    It is hygroscopic (hydroscopic? It sucks up water) and dries very quickly when wet or humid. Use disposable brushes.
    You can find it in Hemming's Motor News. It is available in black, silver, white, and maybe other colors?
    It is marketed as a rust cover/repair paint, and does a pretty admirable job at it. I slopped some on the rusty areas of the floor of my first IT car and never had a problem with rust in those areas afterwards, even after driving in the rain.
    Also wear rubber gloves and an old long-sleeve shirt, and eye protection. This stuff does NOT come out.

Liked: 10

I have used automotive urethane epoxy paints (Imron works best)on Cobra frames in the past and have had good success. They hold up to brake fluid and most other fluids. Nasty to spray though, find a paint shop to do it. Still have 8 year old clear specks on my Corvette windshield. It sticks to everything and almost impossible to get off once it cures.
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 0

Here's the website
    http://www.hirschauto.com/miracle.htm

and
    http://www.hirschauto.com

I think I'll try this. Imron is too much trouble.

Thanks!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHaydon:
    I think that "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch can take a brake fluid bath and not get stripped. It is unlike other paints (hence the name) and does not respond to the same solvents that other paints do. This also means that you'll need to buy the special thinner/cleaner for it as well.
    It is hygroscopic (hydroscopic? It sucks up water) and dries very quickly when wet or humid. Use disposable brushes.
    You can find it in Hemming's Motor News. It is available in black, silver, white, and maybe other colors?
    It is marketed as a rust cover/repair paint, and does a pretty admirable job at it. I slopped some on the rusty areas of the floor of my first IT car and never had a problem with rust in those areas afterwards, even after driving in the rain.
    Also wear rubber gloves and an old long-sleeve shirt, and eye protection. This stuff does NOT come out.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thread Information