Thread: EWC Kudos

Liked: 39

Default EWC Kudos

Just a note to thank Steve Beeler and the sponsors of EWC 2007. Right now Curtis Boggs at RFD is refreshing my cylinder head and Bruce Kilcoyne at Schulz is building up a carburetor. And this Spring I'll drag my car up to Bruce Lindstrand so he can show me which way the wheels are supposed to point. All that for orbiting around at the back of the pack!

Thanks, guys, and I'll see you in 2008.

Chuck Smith
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tiga CFF (#5)

Liked: 0

Default I second that emotion

I second this comment. Thanks to Steve and the sponsors. I hope more cars come out in '08. We had some moments in '07, just that it was generally too few of us in on the fun. Since this might also be the EWC engine and car report thread, I can report that my engine is in queue at Farley's and that Bruce Lindstrand and Nicole Temple have the Van Diemen so well sorted that even I can point it the right way on the track! I'm counting the days until Grattan . . .

Liked: 9

SANDBAGGERS...both of you!!! Chuck, ya coming to any CENDIV events in 2008?
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    I second this comment. Thanks to Steve and the sponsors. I hope more cars come out in '08. We had some moments in '07, just that it was generally too few of us in on the fun. Since this might also be the EWC engine and car report thread, I can report that my engine is in queue at Farley's and that Bruce Lindstrand and Nicole Temple have the Van Diemen so well sorted that even I can point it the right way on the track! I'm counting the days until Grattan . . .

Allen I am going to do some tricky stuff to my car so the old mondiale can keep up with you this year. Maybe bruce and Nic can do this for me?............hmmmmmm only time will tell. You going to run the first national at BHF this year?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by thunderracing91 View Post
    Maybe bruce and Nic can do this for me?
    This, right here, is the problem! Nick and Bruce are helping us all go faster. They've got everyone's wheels pointed straight. Damn. As for you, Andrew, I think the tricky stuff is the driver just pushing that thing faster. I will pedal as hard as I can to keep up with you . . .

I'm planning to do either the first or second Blackhawk National or both depending on my f***ing work schedule.

I am hoping to run about 10 weekends again, all depending on work and on Lindstrand's schedule.

So what's your plan for '08? How's your season shaping up like? Are you racing that oval car on the ice this winter?

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Oh No

Oh no - Chuck was picking up seconds every session so I think we will all have our hands full! You will be very happy with Curtis' work - his aluminum head had me turning the fastest times I've ever turned in my Van Diemen (BTW - Head still for sale) and Bruce is a wiz with the motor stuff - his team helped me more than once straighten out my gremlins and he's always got Mark's car on the pointy end of the grid! Great sponsors, great racers and great organizer!

[quote=Allen_W;159753]This, right here, is the problem! Nick and Bruce are helping us all go faster. They've got everyone's wheels pointed straight. Damn. As for you, Andrew, I think the tricky stuff is the driver just pushing that thing faster. I will pedal as hard as I can to keep up with you . . .

See here is the funny thing.........if you plan on doing the first national at blackhawk I will be crewing for you and helping bruce out that weekend! I will get to learn everything there is to know about your car! So I think you should do the first national at BHF. It will be fun to hang out again! My schedule is the following........

[FONT=Impact]3-29/30-2008 Gateway International Raceway/ Madison, IL [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]4-26/27-2008 Mid America Motorplex/ Pacific Junction, IA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]5-24/25-2008 Grattan Raceway/ Belding, MI [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]5-31/6-1-2008 Road America [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]6-20/21/22-2008 Road America June Sprints[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact][/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact][/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]7-12/13-2008 Blackhawk Farms Raceway/ Rockton, IL [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]7-26/27-2008 Road America/ Elkhart Lake, WI [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]8-16/17-2008 Autobahn Country Club [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]9-13/14-2008 Road America/ Elkhart Lake, WI [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT][FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]10-18/19-2008 Blackhawk Farms Raceway/ Rockton, IL [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]10-25/26-2008 Gateway International Raceway[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact] [/FONT]

As for the modified...I havent done much with it yet. I need to buy some of the expensive stuff to get it all put together. Tranny, 3rd member, misc engine parts to make the engine run. We just got a engine for it about 2 months ago. 358 small block running on alky. Suppose to be pushing around 560hp....fun fun!!

I didn't realize you would be crewing with LMI. (They're the best!) That would be a blast, doing the first National at Blackhawk. I'll see if I can make it work.

We will be running a bunch of races together, from the looks of it. My schedule is "subject to change" due to this new job I have. I have a plan: quit, inherit a couple bazillion dollars, follow the racing season all year long. The quit part is easy. It's the inherit part I can't seem to figure out.

I put in a request to Curtis to get my Ford Kent up to around 560 bhp too, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I'm trying to get the Miata to Austin. I found what looks like a great prep shop to help a mechanical moron like me. The idea of winter racing on asphalt at 60 degrees is kind of appealing to me.

Liked: 42

Allen--

You do realize that your car is just a few feet away from mine at LMI while it's getting all fixed up and pretty for next year. Of course the way I can afford to make it all pretty is to creatively use parts that are hanging off your car.

What's the new job? PM me if you want. I got a new one too.

I'll be with at many of the same events as well. At least before I bring the 89 to NC in July.

joe

Yah my schedule is "tbd" for the better part of the season also. The only reason I am not doing the first two BHF nationals is because I am going to be helping bruce out them weekends. Thats why I decided to do a couple of mid div races in march and april. Whats your new job? Pm me if you like..............

Andrew

Thread Information