Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default 1988 Super Vee Season

Is it possible that someone would have any info on the RT5 that Paul Radisich drove for Conti racing during the 1988 season? Chassis number? History? It was black with the number "00" Thanks.

Liked: 11

I think Phil Gumpert owned that car at the time and he posts here sometimes. Dave Conti has been working for Sam Schmidt reciently and I believe still has his shop in Pittsboro Indiana. Hope that helps.

Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. I contacted Mr. Conti about a year ago - He remembers picking up the car on Long Island, but nothing else.

Contributing Member Allan Davies's Avatar
    Liked: 0

The 10 Tenths Motorsport Forum has a thread going on RT5's: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88715 They have some folks with resources that may be able to help you.

Good luck!

Allan

Liked: 10

I ran Paul's car back then - let me poke around and see if I can find something that refers to the chassis number.

M Cannon.

Liked: 610

Default 1988 S-Vee

Mike,
    It's good to see your smiling face on TV from time to time.
    Keith Averill
    Last edited by kea; 12.19.07 at 10:57 AM.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default 88 SEASON

I have a complete set of ON TRACK magazine for 1988. Also 89 and I think 90

Liked: 39

I just saw this thread and called Phil Gumpert. He remembered owning that car and thought they had run Jose David (from Brazil), Dominic Dobson and Mark Dismore in it. He's going to check his old records for chassis number and any details. and post them here.

Liked: 15

Rusty

There are two likely candidates for this car in chassis RT5-734 and RT5-735, both black gel coat and delivered to Ralt American in January 88.
    Can you give me a tub stamping, fuel cell number or gearbox number for the car [assuming that you are asking about one you own] I have this information for most 87/88 RT5s.

Chris

Contributing Member

Default 1988 Super Vee Season

Chris,

You are correct -I would like to determine that this 1988 car is, or is not, my 1985 car. My car is RT5-581. Tub number is 85 22 69. Original fuel tank number was 47351 ( and may still be ). Original box number was 5477. Current box is H9-4746. Original owner was Paul D. Natchwey.

Thanks,
    Rusty

Thread Information