Liked: 0

Default Comtec to build FF2000 Chassis

Not sure if you guys know but 2006 World Series by Renault Champions and ex works Van Diemen Formula Ford Team Comtec Racing will be developing a new FF2000 Chassis for 08. The car is a new and a fresh concept and looks very impressive. I will check with Comtec to see if I am able to put some images of the car on the forum.

Liked: 151

do they plan to export to the US?

Please get us the pictures.

They do plan to bring to the USA. I am now allowed to put the images online. Please can anyone tell me how to upload images!!!

Liked: 151

when you click "post reply" look down in the "additional options" section and you will see a "manage attachments" button. Click that button and you should be able to attach images.

Liked: 15

Isn't it a modified Spirit chassis, since Comtec has purchased Spirit. Well maybe only the FF1600,

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Spirit

The word I have is that Spirit went belly-up. It's tough to make a real business producing race cars! Spirit had purchased the body molds from Swift, which is why their bodywork looks like the Swift cars of about 8 years ago.

I can't help but wonder why Comtec would tout an FF2000 car when they don't run the class in the UK?

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Default Close

This looks very close to a Zetec- found on their website
    http://www.comtecracing.com/template.php?sectionId=1040

Liked: 179

They run the zetec cars in a class called Formula 4.

There is an article in Autosport that talks about comtec buying spirit and renaming it.
    It mentioned that comtec is going to run cars in europe in Formula Ford and then start a team in the US to run in the FF2000 Championship.

Brian

Liked: 19

I didn't read the article in Autosport....... I'd heard an englishman who used to be in the Jr formula business bought into the deal a few months back.

This ad was sent via kangaroo - through the outback, then onto the back of a great white..... The Tazmanian devil of medford just digs deeper into all things.....fear him

What does it matter when a dollar is .48 pounds........ Put the money into a US built Piper

Liked: 1

Removed. Happy Holidays everyone.
    Last edited by enjoythetrack; 12.13.07 at 9:30 AM.
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 31

Not sure but there was a rumour that Jonathan Lewis and his faithful bodyguard Martin"Spud" Donnelly were spotted at both Raglan Road in Orlando and the Nepa Hut in St.Pete.Lot of black helicopter stuff here,but the smart bet would still be a 2008 VD.

Note:there has'nt been a Ford 2000 series in the UK since 1990 I think,but VD still produced a whole mess of them for the US between 90 and now.

Liked: 19

F4 seems like a gentlemans league now. Looks like F4 is a catch all for anything with wings. US spec 2 liter cars fall into Class A. Big Wheels too

http://www.750mc.co.uk/

08 VD What comes with it!!

Comtec have bought Spirit but there is nothing in the new comtec from a spirit other than the fuel tank. The only reason Comtec bought spirit was for all the tooling needed to build a chassis. They have a new design which looks good. Will have to wait and see how quick it is. I am meant to be meeting Martin and Jon tomz but going to cancel as too busy before Christmas so I will meet them at the Autosport show.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 7738[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

that seems to have worked!!

Matt - 750mc are the organising club for F4. You are right that it allows a number of different car types to race. UK is a lot small than the US!! We are working hard to get the numbers up for 08 and we currently have 15 Class A what we would call US FF2000 cars either Van Diemens or Mygales.

We run the same chassis as you but run the 1800 zetec on twin weber 40 DCOEs. We can play with the ECU's so not bad cars really.

My team won the championship in 07 so will need to push the boat out in 08! I have just ordered my Pennon Avanti front wings so will see if they can help us!!

Anyone fancy a shared drive? I drive in the US in your car and you race at either Brands Hatch or Silverstone in the UK in one of my cars??

Liked: 1

Default In New Zealand

We run similar type regs to F4 for the 2 litre cars, longer rods, good pistons and IDF or DCOE carbs, they put out about 190hp and go well, in fact transform the cars, the weak part is the gearbox, if you start tp ush higher HP, the cases give out, so the power factor is some what self limited, but as modified they are still very very fast.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by redracer57 View Post
    that seems to have worked!!

Matt - 750mc are the organising club for F4. You are right that it allows a number of different car types to race. UK is a lot small than the US!! We are working hard to get the numbers up for 08 and we currently have 15 Class A what we would call US FF2000 cars either Van Diemens or Mygales.

We run the same chassis as you but run the 1800 zetec on twin weber 40 DCOEs. We can play with the ECU's so not bad cars really.

My team won the championship in 07 so will need to push the boat out in 08! I have just ordered my Pennon Avanti front wings so will see if they can help us!!

Anyone fancy a shared drive? I drive in the US in your car and you race at either Brands Hatch or Silverstone in the UK in one of my cars??

Default Comtec Cars UK

Hi

I am new to this site but I was told about it while in Orlando & StPete, Its true we did buy Spirit cars as a construtor for the equipment and staff not the Spirit brand. We have a totaly new range of cars, 3 will be launched at The Autosport UK show in January, our D08 Duratec Formula Ford , the SC01 Top of the range school car, and the SC02 our very special School car, we have our ff2000 car on the jig now and the complete car will hit our tracks in the UK end of march, we will do all the development testing here so that when the car is good we will ship it to you in the U/S to see if you want it ? I think you will as it will be a new genaration car not a 89 update car like what you have now !!! and we will offer a service on parts and awnser our phone !! we will build cars to order from March.
    We also have a Kent car and a Sports car in build that we will launch in June & July 2008 the Sc01 can also run as F1000 car in the U/S,
    We have started discussions with Distributors for the U/S and as soon as we have finalized this we will start our drive to give you the best service and cars as we can. If you have any questions please feel free to email me direct Comtecjonathan@aol.com and I will give you all the info on our range.

Regards
    Jonathan lewis
    Comtec Cars UK

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Dec2007031.jpg

This is the SC01 car in build today, this car will also form the bassis of our F1000

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Dec2007040.jpg

This is the Chassis of the DO8 Formula Ford Duratec, this car will alos be the FF2000 car for the states.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...lection001.jpg

This is the range of cars we are to make this comming season 2008 the car at the front is our Duratec Formula ford the rear most wing car is the FF2000, the yellow car is the SC02 Transverse engine and box school car, the red one is the SC01 / F1000 car the FF1600 Kent is on the left, and the sports car on the right is our DT08.

Liked: 1417

And when the cars are ready for market, we'd be happy to have you on board as an official site banner advertiser, so you can legitimately promote your products here on ApexSpeed.

Welcome to the forums,

doug

Default Duratec

Hi
    Here is the latest from the shop floor, and yes Doug I will have a banner in the new year, happy new year to all our U/S friends

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ber2007007.jpg

This is our works Duratec British formula ford Car, taking shape

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ber2007006.jpg

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ber2007004.jpg

I have just been sent the latest images from the Comtec factory tonight just before they get packed off to go to the Autosport Show -

Attachment 7950

Attachment 7951

Attachment 7952

Default Comtec Cars

Our new K08 Kent car will be ready in 6 weeks, it follows the Duratec (Black car) except with a much smaller tail section, and with a traditional air scoop, I am interested in getting a top driver in your Championship to run our new car, As soon as we have some pictures I will post them.

Thread Information