Liked: 0

Default Formula Ford "The Series" to return to PIR on February 8, 9, 10, 2008

After two highly successful races at Phoenix International Raceway in 2007, Formula Ford "The Series" will return for it's first event of 2008. Four drivers new to "The Series" raced in the finale December 1st and 2nd and all were impressed and promised to return in February. A field of 25 - 30 cars is anticipated. All generations of Formula Fords invited. Spec tires required. For additional information, email Richard Holladay @ cabsbyrh@aol.com or tel: (760) 715-1417 weekdays.

Formula Ford "The Series" 2008 Schedule:
    Phoenix Historic Festival February 9 - 10, practice available 2/8.
    Spring Historic Races at Willow Springs March 8 & 9, practice available 3/7
    7th Annual So Cal. Sports Car Festival at California Speedway June 20, 21, 22.
    10th Fall Formula Festival at Willow Springs October 4 & 5, practice available 10/3.
    Season Finale at Phoenix International Raceway, November 22, 23.

One additional event tba.

Default FF Available

We have our DB-1 available for rent for the three days of the Phoenix International Race..

Contact
    Paul Marciano
    PM Performance
    602 677 5529 or pmperformance@cox.net

JFYI -

The 2007 points standings are uploaded & available for the Formula Ford "The series" 2007 season.

All class champions are on the front page

Congrats Guys!

http://www.euroformulaford.com/ff/index.htm

73 Lola T-340 #25
    Monty Python Addict "NEE!"

SouthWest Formula Ford

Default PIR RENTAL

The rental we had for PIR cancelled so we still have our DB-1 available for the FEB event..Thank you to all who inquired..

Paul Marciano
    PM Performance
    602 677 5529
    pmperformance@cox.net

Contributing Member bill ehrlinger's Avatar

Default DB-1 rental

I rented this car last weekend for the Cal Club Dbl. National and it turned out to be truely a wonderful experiance. Paul immediatly made me feel welcome and part of the team, agreat group of people to be around. I highly recommend renting his DB-1. I plan on doing it again next year. Bill

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Yup, Paul is good people. I haven't rented from him , but he is as straight up as they get. I am going to bed now, I took my shifter kart out tonight to PKRA for a couple of sessions, and I hurt and am tired and I want my mommy ! lol, sux to be old...

Liked: 2

Default PIR Pics

I thought I would post up some pics of "The Series" I took at PIR Saturday. There was some good racing! I hope to see everyone at Willow!

Pics pulled for space considerations. Go to http://www.euroformulaford.com/ff/index.htm to check them out and for more info about "The Series".
    Last edited by T644HU05; 03.18.08 at 5:37 PM. Reason: Pictures deleted..
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Liked: 2

A couple more...

And a special note about the Lola 212. Less than an hour after I took this picture this car caught fire and burnt for a good two minutes. The driver got out and looked to be just fine, but he could do nothing but stand and watch the fire crew do their thing. Hopefully it can be repaired. I have pictures of the fire but I'd rather remember this pic.

Pics pulled for space considerations. Go to http://www.euroformulaford.com/ff/index.htm to check them out and for more info about "The Series".
    Last edited by T644HU05; 03.18.08 at 5:38 PM. Reason: Pictures deleted...
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Liked: 1

Default THe Series

Would the powers that be ever think of bringing this series further up north. We have a great Club Ford contingent up here in the NW. Maybe meet halfway and have an event at Thill. Im sure you would get a draw form tyhe NW to come to T hill.

PM me if you like

STU

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holladay View Post
    Four drivers new to "The Series" raced in the finale December 1st and 2nd and all were impressed and promised to return in February.
    I was one of those four drivers. I had a great time running my Titan in that event in December.
    I raced this past weekend in my DB-1 I have, and have to say it was a fantastic event.

Richard Hollidays' vision of running a large field of formula cars all evened out with the spec tires choices is suberb.
    I wanted to thank Richard and Kelly Holliday for all their efforts to make this happen.
    HSR-West is also an excellent club to run with. the track crew is first rate, and the events run smoothly.
    I am looking forward to the next event out at Willow, and all the event in "The Series" this year, I am sold on this group of people and the racing there is to be had. The saying "you come for the racing, and stay because of the people" sums up "The Series" best.

I also wanted to thank and highly recommend Paul Marciano of PM Performance, who has been mentioned in the previous postings in this thread.

I brought him my DB-1 which was damaged in an incident involving oil, and a wall.
    The car needed a lot of work, and my decision to race the DB-1 was last minute.
    Paul was able to take the car into his shop on Monday, the week of the race, and do a lot of work to get the car back together and race ready. I ended up picking the car up from him on Wednesday that same week, only 48 hours later. The car was ready to race, and even had an nice new paint job on it.
    The Db-1 needed to be set-up to run the spec slicks(American Racers) for "The Series" along with a host of repairs and fabrication work. I was amazed that when I went out the first session in practice that the car was dialed in to perfection. I did not need to make even one change to the chassis the entire weekend, and the car ran upfront in a field of nearly 25 cars.
    Nice job Paul!!!!!!
    Thanks to everyone for such a fun weekend of racing.

Guys thank you for the kind words and vote of confidence..A hundred atta boys to Josh Pitt for his two great days of running.We are so glad you are happy with your car,that blue looks awesome on the track.It was great great to see formula fords running 1 and 2 with PM Performance stickers on the sides..

Thread Information