Liked: 11

Default GSXR 1000 oil cooler to AN fittings

I'm looking for a source making a bolt on oil cooler adapter fitting. It should bolt to the engine block in the stock location with AN-5 or 6 male output allowing plumbing an aftermarket cooler.

Thanks,
    Tony Moore

Liked: 3

Default PetedMotorsports.com

Try this link. Either straight or 90degree -8AN.

Sean

http://peterdmotorsports.com/parts-d...products_id=53
    Last edited by Sean Maisey; 11.20.07 at 11:50 PM. Reason: My bad - they are -8AN...

Liked: 80

Just bought some of these for my Hayabusa conversion in a Radical. Look like nice pieces.

They are -8, not -6, BTW.

-Jake

Liked: 21

Default Back when..

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    Just bought some of these for my Hayabusa conversion in a Radical. Look like nice pieces.

They are -8, not -6, BTW.

-Jake

Back when i worked for Peter D. that was one of the parts that I designed. I am glad to know that you like it.

On the straight fitting you have to start both of the bolts at the same time, and run both bolts in simultaneously. If you don't then the heads of the bolts hit the threads on the fitting. I tried to fit the biggest fitting possible, so things got tight.

Also a dab of grease can help hold the O-ring in place while fiddling with everything.

One more thing, he has a steel shifter arm, for like 10$. If you need to weld up a custom one.

Dustin Wright.
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

one of the big issues with putting a M/C motor in a car is that you get limited cooling of the block from air moving through the engine compartment. The stock coolers only run a portion of the oil through the cooler, not 100%.

Most of the DSR installations block the oil ports that you are looking to use and then use a sandwich plate to remote mount the oil filter and run 100% of the oil through the cooler.

Anyone running these fittings and getting addequite cooling of the oil?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Wright D View Post
    Back when i worked for Peter D. that was one of the parts that I designed. I am glad to know that you like it.

On the straight fitting you have to start both of the bolts at the same time, and run both bolts in simultaneously. If you don't then the heads of the bolts hit the threads on the fitting. I tried to fit the biggest fitting possible, so things got tight.

Also a dab of grease can help hold the O-ring in place while fiddling with everything.

One more thing, he has a steel shifter arm, for like 10$. If you need to weld up a custom one.

Dustin Wright.
    I had a look for his shifter arm... can you give us a link?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    one of the big issues with putting a M/C motor in a car is that you get limited cooling of the block from air moving through the engine compartment. The stock coolers only run a portion of the oil through the cooler, not 100%.

Most of the DSR installations block the oil ports that you are looking to use and then use a sandwich plate to remote mount the oil filter and run 100% of the oil through the cooler.

Anyone running these fittings and getting addequite cooling of the oil?

Mike
    Interesting! I might give that option a try w/ my next motor. Or even run two oil coolers.... one from the fittings and one from the sandwich plate.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default OIL cooling

My Cheetah DSR uses the PeterD like plumbing for the oil cooler. GSXR engine is dry sumped and has a large oil tank. Oil temps have always been on the LOW side, even running Savannah in July. Engine does have the alternate oil pump gear, so flow is improved a bit. Air flow thru the oil cooler (in a NACA duct in front of rear wheel on the left side) has always been poor.

Liked: 21

Default Shifter arm

You will have to call Peter D's about the steel arm, sorry there is no link to give you.
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Default Peter D Mortorsports

Here is the link. Peter is a decent vender. Give him a try. Thanks to Dustin and Sean for pointing him out.

http://www.peterdmotorsports.com/

Tony Moore

Thread Information