Morris,

If the SIR worked without (major) issues, it would be very good (in my opinion). However, before it can be considered seriously for F1000, someone will need to spend a substantial amount of time (and money) to insure that Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Honda stock ECU's will cope with SIR's without additional costs & effort. Maybe that will happen in the near future if enough people raise a stink.

Re: George's vested interest. That has crossed my mind, but I think that guy has a LOT of business now (DSR, F1000, plus ???), and the addition of an SIR in F1000 probably wouldn't adversely affect it at all. There are plenty of his satisfied customers who would be more than happy to have George make sure their engines were properly assembled and optimized.

Also, (it sounds like you already know this), George is unbelievably helpful, even to people like me who may never write a big check for his services.
Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
it's not just george saying it, it's anyone with experience with restrictors.
I'd politely disagree. I have spoken with some who are using it and think it has worked well for them. Of course, it's apples and oranges with our unique requirement for stock motorcycle ECUs.

I may have the perfect solution to bring everyone together. People who think SIRs are a good idea can install them. It's perfect!

:-).