Liked: 553

Default F1000 Party at the ARRC, Friday Night

Mike Devins (HRP) has offered to donate his culinary expertise for our F1000 party at the ARRC. Sean O'Connell has also negotiated with Sweetwater Brewing Company to provide a keg of beer.

The party will be held Friday evening. The exact time and place have yet to be determined. We plan to have a special F1000 packet for you at the event's registration window. The package will have details about the many F1000 related activities and awards planned for the weekend.

Some of you may have heard about the popular DSR parties at recent Runoffs. Mike has been a big part of that and we are really looking forward to it at the ARRC. Mike will be cooking and providing the food. We will be asking for donations towards the food costs so Mike's pockets aren't totally drained by our hungry group.

Also planned for Friday night will be presentations of some awesome ARRC F1000 awards not related to race results, such as:
    - Slick Eyewear's Best Appearing Car (as judged by GRM)
    - Averill's Fastest Conversion (based on qualifying times)
    - AVT Composites' Best Engineered Conversion

... and maybe (but hopefully not as early as Friday night):
    - Gyrodynamic's Hard Luck award presented to the first car to drop out (an Indy style jack!)

The party will also be the place to pick up your Wrap Frenzy hat and have a chance to win one of two GoPro cameras!

The awards above are just the beginning. There will be EIGHT more based on race results, PLUS a Tow Fund distribution.

In addition to the aforementioned sponsors, a big thank you also goes to

- Taylor Race Engineering
    - Phoenix Race Cars
    - Stohr Cars
    - Primus
    - Williams Racing Development
    - Impact!
    - Woodruff Racing
    - Pegasus
    - ZAT Graphics

... for supporting this inaugural event.

Party Location? - If anyone wants to offer their large area to host the party, please contact me.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 11

Friday night at Road Atlanta will be a happening place!

I'm beginning to think the FE crowd will petition to NOT be included in the Run-Offs next year...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 5

This is going to be one fun race! I enjoyed lots of Mike's tasty goodness at the Runoffs and it will be a treat! Can anyone think of a first year class that has this much fanfare? This ARRC will be one to remember -- and you can say you were there! Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

Craig V.
    SCNA
    Craig Vogeley

Liked: 0

Ahhhh FE party and FB party. IS it possible to have an excuse now not to show up to one of these. Road Atlanta is going to be happening Friday night. Glad to see 16 cars on the entry list. I know we are coming by the track just to watch the race Saturday. Should be very good. Hopefully a home-grown machine wins.

Matthew Inge
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 1

Default ARRC FB Party

I know at the DSR party (one of the best) at the Runoffs they also had "beer alternatives" and I'd be willing to raid the cellar and bring out a mixed case of Andretti wines....yes, that Andretti. The winemaker is actually Robert Pepi and they have some very good wines.

Most of the respondents to a poll on the DSR thread wanted "bold reds", but I will try to bring a few different styles for many tastes. I will also throw a gallon of Tennessee's finest sipping whiskey (Jack Daniel's of course) into the fray as well.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default F-1000 party

The party is less than a week away so I thought that I would mention a couple of things before you leave for RA.

Please bring a chair, if any one has a couple of large folding tables to set up food on that would be great as well.

Any one that would like to help with additional food (aka pot luck) feel free to help.

We will be taking donations for cover the cost of the food - I am taking a stab at it but I expect that we will see between 60 to 100 based on the participation and the interest that I am seeing on the forum for the class. Your help will be appreciated.

Also if anyone has a gas grill that they could loan for the evening it would be a big help.

Thanks and see you there

Mike Devins
    hrp-llc at comcast dot net

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default FBParty

I'll be there assisting Mike. I'll have my Big Green Egg to prepare my semi-famous Chicken Coop.
    Anyone know if we've come up with a rig / canopy to do this at?

Can't wait to see ya'll there
    Coop

Glad to hear that, Coop. Thanks for the contribution.

This is an awful thought, but will you have your drivers gear handy if someone gets a bad case of food poisoning?

We're planning to have the party at Taylor Race Engineering's trailer, assuming that the weather is good (which I think it will be).

If the weather isn't great and we need more room under larger canopies, 10/Tenths and Nicholas Belling have offered their larger tents.

Sandy Pence and the paddock parking crew have a huge task on their hands at the ARRC, but I think they'll be doing a great job of getting us all together. I've forwarded her all of the information that has been provided to me from most of you.

As Mike mentioned above, chairs and tables will be welcome and encouraged.

I heard that someone has PayPal'ed a party donation to Mike. Fantastic! What a great group of people to be associated with.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 8

CHICKEN COOP ???? DARE I ASK?
    Dave Craddock

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Yeah, Good one, Russ

Shades of the epic Bob Hannah / David Bailey waterskiing incident - one of 'em (Hannah IIRC) ended up w/ a broken leg!!
    GC

Liked: 601

Default F1000

It looks like we will not be able to attend this years event/party.
    We are glad to have lent our support to the F1000 participants.
    Enjoy the party (Mike does a great job on the grill) and best of luck to those racing.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff,Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 35

Well guys...

I was really lookin forward to seeing you guys.It will be one awsome event.
    But my dad is having surgery on the Friday...So I will have to stay home for this one.
    But Travis and Keith will be there with the trailer.
    Good luck to all of ya.......

Scotty
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

No doubt your dad will appreciate your being there.

I know you were really looking forward to the ARRC, especially since you and Craig have helped a lot of the ARRC competitors and are donoating towards the F1000 party, awards & tow fund.

We'll look forward to seeing you at a future race. Hope your dad's surgery is smooth sailing.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks Russ,

I really do appreciate that.

Scotty
    Taylor Race Engieering
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 1

Yes second what Russ said our prayers are with yall. You folks have always had great service and been very nice everytime I have called! I'm sure everything will go smooth.

Sending over a service trailer for us in your time of need just showes how good yall are!
    Thanks and Im sure I can say for all of us, we are thinking of your father.
    Last edited by Mark H; 11.07.07 at 7:07 PM.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Thanks Mark,

We appreciate all you guys and your buisness ,and support.I see this F1000 takin off big time.
    Travis and Keith are good guys and will take good care of yall.

Looks to me like you guys are gonna have some nice haul ass kinda weather.
    Mid 60's ...nice...

Scotty
    Taylor Race Engineering.
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Thread Information