a formula continental ? will there be a
    class for it in scca ? it is suppose to
    be $35,000.00 complete with engine. the
    one at runoffs had a honda 1000 in it.
    sequential shift ! you can see it on
    the van diemen website - looks like an
    f1 car.

steved

if you would like to find additional business for yourself or sponsor and would like to see if we might have something to offer, email me.
    Liked: 0

I saw that car at Brands Hatch during the formula ford festival. They will be used as school cars at the Brands Driving School and maybe some other schools.I believe they are based on the Formula Palmer Audi chassis. The motorcycle motor revs very high and the pitch sounds pretty odd coming from that car but it was going very fast in the exhibition. I dont believe it will become a class here.

Those cars were approved for regional competition as Formula S. This came from FastTrack in the past 6 mos.

does anyone know Van Diemans Web site address? I have never seen one.

Their website is here: http://www.vandiemenracing.com

But for the sake of discussion, here are the phots that were referred to previously, from the Van Diemen website.

There is not a press release on their site,a s far as I can tell, but we will contact Van Diemen to see what we can find out about the car in general.

-doug

------------------
    GREEN means GO
    GREEN means GO

The car will be a school car for the Panoz school at Road Atlanta (where the photos were taken). According to the Panoz people, the car will have about 180hp in school trim and they plan to have a race series for the cars.

It looks just like the Palmer series car to me. If it uses a motorcycle motor it will be fast and cheap to maintain. I think I heard a figure of $1,500 - 2,000 for a new motor right out of the create. 1/2 of a rebuild. And those motors are ready to go. If it is a school and series car it will not be long before it will be on the track with us, in combining classes, until there are enough of them to have there own. If the SCCA added them as a class and gave them a spec tire (rock hard) it could be a really inexpensive way to race.

Thread Information