Liked: 0

Default # of cars per class in northeast

Im in the process of picking out a class to race in and it would be a lot eaiser to make a decision if i knew how many active drivers there are in each class in the NE.
    Right now im looking into FE and F1000. Last i found was that there were about 8 in FE.
    Anyone know the projected numbers for all classes in 08?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

oooh, can't resist shameful plugs...there are a handfull of FE cars and almost no F1000 cars in the NE. I suspect there are some F1000's being built (Roblav for one) but the overall count is small. Now...should you ask about FC? Well, there are an estimated 400+ east of the Ol Mis and lots in the NE. There's a PRO Series (F2000 Championship Series) with 35+ entries per race and the last regional at WGI this fall had something like 15-20 entries (FC and CFC). Cars are fast, available, economical, and set up expertise is everywhere. Come play, you won't be disappointed.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Car count

Contact the local regions that put on races. They should have a car count by class and race group for each race. DC Region has their info on the web. I don't know of any region that really tries to build an accurate forecast, as there are too many variables. It ain't exactly F1.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 0

Thanks for the quick responses.

Liked: 29

since you asked about FE...

there seems to be several in the NE that only came out to race at a couple of the Nationals, probably closer to their home. Whether that was due solely to work conflict, money, desire, sold car and went to different class/series, who knows.

For the overall National series, we only had 3 make most of the races with the others coming in from out of division. One other NE driver showed up at the last couple after getting his reqional requirement for national license out of the way.

In DC regional, we had 3 trying to do the local MARRS series, but never managed to get all 3 at the same race, again, at several races an out of region driver was there as well.

We have one FE driver signed up for the Fall Drivers school at SP this weekend, i will find out then if he is a WDC, NEDIV or out of division driver.

With 114 FE's reported by SCCA Enterprises as being sold, we have 32 signed up for our national championship race at RA in november.

I saw Very few FB's in either series, and 3-5 FC's at most of them. Us wing folks seem to have a hard time getting our class numbers up. Whichever you choose, regional or national or pro, welcome to the races...

Thread Information