Liked: 59

Default ApexSpeed Doesn't Want My Money;)

I tried to make my annual donation to ApexSpeed in December as usual. I used the PayPal button and off the money went. About a week ago, I got an email from PayPal saying:

"The funds have been returned to your account. This payment was returned for the following reason(s): donations@apexspeed.com did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process."

I've forwarded the email to Kim Carter and later to Doug Carter to try and figure out what's wrong. Crickets.

Just trying to do the right thing...didn't know what to do other than post. Is everything there OK? Did I miss something while I was overseas?

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 3787

I got the same email from paypal this morning.

Well, if they don't want YOUR money, then something is truly wrong! "PF bucks" are so rarely seen they have become collectible items over the years. LMAO

Have a great weekend my friend,
    Eric
    - Ted Williams

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

The PayPal donate button is no longer tied to the "donations" e-mail account. Spammers got a hold of that address in the site code, and we were getting bombarded. We had to delete that e-mail account and use a PayPal merchant ID in the code instead. We made that change several months ago, so I'm wondering why you guys are having issues. We've had lots of other PayPal button transactions with no issues. Eric, I never received your e-mail.

The only thing I can think of is that your web browser cache may need to be cleared. It's possible you have the old PayPal button/code still cached. Otherwise, you can send a donation directly to our new e-mail account, which is "donate" instead of "donations".

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

OK, that worked for me.

Kim and Doug you'll just get your frogcoins late, instead of before Christmas.

Liked: 2

That's weird, I hit the donate button 2 days ago and it worked fine.
    Don
    Reynard 83SF

I had the old Apexspeed address stored in my paypal account.

I followed Kim's recommendation and cleared my Firefox cache (only took me about 10 minutes to figure out how!) and the button worked perfectly. As usual, operator error on my end...I evidently can't even be counted upon to push a button correctly!

Doug and Kim: Thank you again for all you do all year for our community.

Best regards,
    Eric
    - Ted Williams

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information