Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Motorcycle powered cars

I realize my car is not a FB (F1000) class car, however I want to give future motorcycle powered car guys some info on using these engines. My car is a 83 Ralt RT5 that I converted to the Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa engine/tranny before the 06 season. The only mods I've done are the custom built header I fabbed & the installation of the dry-sump oil system. I have just completed my 12th race with never an engine/tranny related problem while having not touched the engine/tranny other than to change the oil & clean the air & fuel filters. Not only does this engine continue to start & run flawlessly like it was brand new, but it also is fast. I just returned from the weekend at the Roebling Road SARRC Invitational Challenge where I finished ahead of & turned faster laps than all the FC, FSCCA, DSR & FM cars, beaten only by the Pro Formula Mazda, FA, & Panoz CSR cars. The Hayabusa actually has a few HP less than the new Suzuki 1000cc engines but does have more torque. Busa red line is 10,500 compared to the 12,500+ of the 1000cc engines. As you can tell I'm a firm believer in MC powered formula cars. So all you guys out there sitting on the fence, jump in & get to work. As I've said before, this is going to be BIG!
    Last edited by formulasuper; 09.24.07 at 11:10 AM.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Default Pics of Ralt Hayabusa?

Scott,

I share your enthusiasm for the future of bike powered cars. I run a Yamaha powered DSR in the SCCA's Solo program and this little R1 powered car is funnest car I've ever campaigned in my 15 years in the sport. I hope to see some new powerplants enter the SCCA ranks once the new bigger V-Twins and triples are made to meet the AMA rule changes and people start to get creative (hopefully the rules will allow them).

I'd love to see pictures of your conversion if you can post. I ride a Hayabusa and cannot agree with you more on the strength of this motor. I will probably switch to the Hayabusa power, if the R1 ever expires!

You say Obsession like it's a bad thing......

Thread Information