Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 0

Your Van Diemen would be even more exiting if it had 450hp and treaded tires...

Liked: 210

Ahhh yes Sir Jackie. My son and I spent last weekend working T-2B. The "show" of the weekend was watching Jackie Stewart's 006 Tyrrell blast through the T-1 (very bumpy) sweeper at 154 MPH. Then out of T-2 FLAT out past us with unreal acceleration down the hill. Yup the owner still push's it to the limit!

Only thing missing was the F5000 car that enjoys taking T-1 with the two of them side-by-side!!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 2

ccam - I thought my VamDieman did have 450 HP, but I do know that it has slicks....

Liked: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Tebo View Post
    Race cars should be something you drive and not control with appendages.....
    I wouldn't be able to drive without my appendages......... Though, I'm not quite sure which one exactly - is in control......In or out of the car....

Now...... Without Google...... Who drove the Subaru-Coloni F1 car...? The dude may still be in jail - I don't know.....? (Thats the hint)

Subaru F1 car? What did I miss? Only driver I know of who may still be in jail is John Paul Jr. father? Hmmm. Shame cause Jr. seemed to have a good career ahead of him.

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Subaru F1 car? What did I miss? Only driver I know of who may still be in jail is John Paul Jr. father? Hmmm. Shame cause Jr. seemed to have a good career ahead of him.
    Bertrand Gachot, 1990

AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 115

Default JP Senior - what a jerk

According to one source he was released in 1992 & then disappeared again in 2001.

Junior was a joy to race with & be around - as long as daddy was off harrassing someone else.
    Last edited by jgaither; 09.29.07 at 11:21 PM.

Well, that explains missing the Subaru F1 car. 90 to 93 were very bad years for me Glad to hear Jr. was fun to be around. Never saw him race but the articles were always great to read about him.

Really neat piece of art work to share here. The first driver is pretty obvious. But can you name the 2nd driver from 1965? I left it full size for those who use wall paper and change it more often then their underwear.

Liked: 0

Looks like German GP (Nurbugring) with Hill's BRM following Clark's Lotus. The 3rd car could be Brabham or Gurney (in Brabham's) but without google I'm not sure which. The Artist is Michael Turner, a well know motor racing painter throughout the last the 40 odd years of F1. His son Graham is equally accomplished as an artist. Oh, and they are also friends of mine!

Liked: 159

Charles - having been involved with the Can-AM cars during the Shadow days, I can assure you they had considerably more than 500 horsepower and unbelievable torque (430 to 494 cubic inch all aluminum chevrolets being the power plant of choice). The shadow was no exception. You're right about the go-cart comparison though - due in part to the short (90") wheelbases common at the time.

Jerry

Liked: 19

Well, that explains missing the Subaru F1 car. 90 to 93 were very bad years for me Glad to hear Jr. was fun to be around. Never saw him race but the articles were always great to read about him.

Really neat piece of art work to share here. The first driver is pretty obvious. But can you name the 2nd driver from 1965? I left it full size for those who use wall paper and change it more often then their underwear.
    The days of pre-qualifications.... definetly some unusual sites...

Definetly the car is a Brabham... My monitor maybe is not so good to read the number or detail on the helmet... I would guess Brabham himself....

Yes, the second car is Hill for sure.

The third driver is indeed a question mark. Most certainly is a Brabham. I too tried blowing up my copy and the number is too fuzzy to read. Gurney almost always wore a dark helmet. However Jack often switched between a white and a dark helmet so that's a vague clue.

On the other hand, Gurney usually held his head in a rather upright position (like the driver in the painting). But Brabham, quite a bit of the time, had a touch if 'tilt' to his head. Furthermore, Gurney finished 3rd in the race so he probably got the honors in the painting.

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
    Now...... Without Google...... Who drove the Subaru-Coloni F1 car...? The dude may still be in jail - I don't know.....? (Thats the hint)

So Matt, Ambrose answered. Was he correct?
    I did Google, to double check as that would have been my Googleless guess and I saw this about Gachot on Wikpedia: "In 1983, he attended Winfield School,". Did you ever race against Gachot? Were you not at Winfield?

By the way, Gachot only spent two months in jail for spraying a cabbie with some defensive chemical.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 2

Default and speaking of

Dan Gurney - this weeks AutoWeek 50 years of Automotive Passion has a photo of the 1967 Gurny-Westlake.... This absolutely has to be the prettiest F1 ever created.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information