Liked: 0

Default First Look at RA EWC Entries

As promised, here's a quick summary of the good news that poured in over the weekend...

CONFIRMED (11)

Joe Marcinski, Tiga FFA-78, CFF, E
    Chuck Smith, Tiga FFA-81, CFF, E
    Erik Shepard, Tatuus, FF, E
    Pete Wood, Crossle 32F, CFF, W
    Bob Hall, Crossle 35F, CFF, W
    Tom Klimas, PRH RH01, CFF, W
    John Luxon, Piper DF2, FF, W
    Tom Stillwell, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Allen "Super Tex" Wheatcroft, Van Diemen RF98K, FF, W
    Andrew Genkinger, Mondiale M85S, FF, W
    Jon Jeffords, Stohr 98FF, FF, W

PROBABLE/POSSIBLE (8)

Brad Hayes, Zink Z-16, CFF, E
    Marty Handberg, Tiga FFA-80, CFF, W
    Todd Rhoades, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Walter Stark, Euroswift SE-1, FF, W
    Tad Lenhart, Tiga FFA-80, FF, W
    Bill Bergeron, Van Diemen RF90, FF, W
    Ian Lenhart, Van Diemen RF87, FF, W
    Brad Ellingson, Swift DB-1, FF, W

But there's still more. Our friends at Chicago region have set aside a first rate area to serve as the the EWC reserved paddock. Check the entry supps for details.

Tom Stillwell, Alan Murray, and the rest of the Murray Motorsports contingent have offered to host the Saturday evening prize drawing including snacks and cold beverages. Check with Tom and Alan at the track for the time of the drawing.

John Luxon is putting the finishing touches on this year's EWC poster. Barring the unforseen, posters will be through production in time for Road America.

More on the RA EWC weekend to follow over the next few days. If you have not already checked in, please do so.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Liked: 9

Sorry guys...you can take my name off the possible list. No new additions yet, but don't want to be too far away from home for the next few weeks. Robin has been in the hospital since Tuesday and looks like she could be there for at least a few more days, so the only Batman you'll see up at RA that weekend will be on the nose of Joe Cooley's car.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Ellingson View Post
    Sorry guys...you can take my name off the possible list. No new additions yet, but don't want to be too far away from home for the next few weeks. Robin has been in the hospital since Tuesday and looks like she could be there for at least a few more days, so the only Batman you'll see up at RA that weekend will be on the nose of Joe Cooley's car.

Sorry Brad, the Batman will be off the car by then. The backup nose is going on so I can fix up the one that is on the car and is pretty beat up.

It will however have a new nose embelem in same idea of the Batman along with some new stickers on the side. And a video system so I can remember in a few years all those people that passed me back in the day.

Say hi to Robin for Mary and me, and if there's anything you need help with just give a holler, Will and I can stop by and keep her from getting too bored if needed.

Liked: 0

Default 19 + 4 - 3 = 20

Here's the last look at this weekend's field for Rounds #7 and #8 of the 2007 FF/CFF East vs West Challenge at Road America. If you do the math, we've picked up one car since my last post and are looking at total car count around 20 cars. Here are the adds and drops:

ADDS (4)

John Haydon Jr, Tiga FFA-80, CFF, W
    Cliff Drake, Euroswift SE-3, FF, W
    Bill Barnard, Van Diemen RF-00, FF, W
    Pat Mackey, 94 Euroswift, FF, W

DROPS (3)

Erik Shepard, Tatuus, FF, E
    Tom Klimas, PRS RH01, CFF, W
    Brad Ellingson, Swift DB-1, FF, W

The Saturday evening EWC prize drawing will be at the Murray Motorsports trailer. Check with Alan Murray, Tom Stillwell, et al for the time of the drawing. Many thanks again to Alan and Tom for hosting this important event....and providing snacks and beverages.

I'm staying home this weekend to work on my race car (progress photo attached). Race hard but race safe and bring your machine back in one piece. The Road America walls will eat up a Formula Ford...ask me how I know.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default It's a little damp here...

Leave the golf carts behind, but bring your personal water craft. Along with most of the midwest, southeastern Wisconsin has had virtually non-stop rain since last Saturday. Weather forcast is looking good for race weekend, however.

Steve, fear not. The Lola-eating bridge is gone forever. The gravel traps (now likely to be swamps) might snare a few this weekend.

Thread Information