Liked: 1

Default Another Phoenix F1K.07 Rolls Out

Here's some shots of the latest Phoenix F1K.07....Chassis #003 in Ford E4 Bright Red. We didn't have the new Goodyear stickers mounted when the car was ready to be delivered to Harrison Auto Dynamics for race prep so we mounted the tires and wheels off of the prototype temporarily. This car is headed for Las Cruces, NM....

Here's a more detailed shot of our rear wheel kick-ups.....

....and one showing the car on the setup pad at Chris Harrison's shop....

This car is turn-key with George Dean prepped GSX-R1000 engine, AIM Mychron 3 Dash and also has our custom ram-airbox that we showed on the airbox thread.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Liked: 1

Default Phoenix F1K.07 Weight

I may have already detailed this when we released the first production car, but I think it is worth repeating....

This car (Chassis 003) was scaled with 225# of lead ballast (simulating driver weight) and was "wet"....1 gallon of fuel, 6 quarts of oil, and cooling system filled....and weighed 1,010 pounds. Not too bad to be able to have a 225# driver that close to the 1,000# minum weight.

Also....Wet weight = 785# and Dry Weight = 765#.

For the Infineon race I believe we are going to install 20 pounds of lead in the prototype in order for me to make minimum weight. The nice thing about this is we can put the weight exactly where we want it.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC
    Last edited by Matt Conrad; 08.26.07 at 3:54 PM. Reason: typo

Liked: 11

Keep them comming Matt!

I noticed a Saab commercial yesterday that showed a car passing under a jet... your front end looks a lot like the Saab jet fighter!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Thread Information