Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Wet Indeed

It was a very wet weekend with an number of us chancing slicks on Saturday only to find out that was the WRONG choice. Dave and Phil are great at running in the wet out qualifying most of the rest of the CFF field by 10 seconds in the wet. On Sunday I think Brad finished 2nd and ran a great race I got third. While I got by Brad briefly on the back straight final lap, he passed me back and took 2nd. I was very impressed with all of the rain and potential for carnage that we had that there was very little damage to any of the cars. Everyone was very well behaved and still raced agressively. The formula Vees and formula first cars were very forgiving as well, as the fords were faster on the straights and they were faster through the corners. I'm sure they were getting frustrated with us but everyone behaved and we had a great weekend despite the weather. Thanks for all of the folks that towed over from the other side of the lake, we appreciate you coming over for the race. It was great putting faces with names and Phil did a great job on the presentation of awards and describing the EWC. Thanks to Luxon Printing for the great poster they put together and Sarah for being the EWC pointskeeper! Thanks also to all of the sponsors this year and participants. Start spreading the word now to get more Fords out of the garages to participate next year, we all have to be recruiting and mentoring to help build the field.

Joe

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

It was great to see so many FFs on track at the same time. If both halves of the group could do that more often, we would have of our own race groups

Your turnout should give some momentum to the 08 EWC.

Cheers!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 3

Mylaps has now posted the results..................autumn classic. For some reason my qualifying time on sat doesnt have my name and the race results doesnt even show me being there?

Andrew
    Last edited by thunderracing91; 09.11.07 at 8:15 PM.

Liked: 190
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 190

Default EWC video link

For those interested, here is a link to Mid-Ohio from last weekend. It's shot in a Formula First starting from the back of the grid, so you get to see most of the EWC FF and CFF cars.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41016345306985
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information