Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked: 706

Default F1000 Championship-Roll Call

Now that everybody knows what's up for grabs in addition to the bragging rights of being the country's first F1000 Champion, who's going to join in the fun? Obviously, I'll be there after all the work we've put into it, whether I have the car ready remains to be seen.
    I know there was already a thread started by Russ (http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23280), but I wanted to have an initial post that I can make sticky, edit, and keep a running tally. So, here is the list that I see so far, most of it culled from that original thread (bold text=registered):

Russ McBride- RF94-ZX10
    Ben Cooper- Elan DP04-GSXR
    Cole Morgan- Stohr-GSXR
    Sean O'Connell- RF96-GSXR
    Jeremy Hill- RF99?-GSXR
    Jerry Freeman- Freeman JF1-CBR
    Nicholas Belling- Stohr-GSXR
    Mike Beauchamp-RF93-R1
    Dave Yaakov - Photon/GSXR
    Sean Maisey- RF99-GSXR
    Tonis Kasemets-Speads RM-07A
    John Mosteller-Radicalone -?
    J.R. Osborne- Stohr-GSXR
    Jean-Luc Liverato - Stohr-GSXR
    Matt Conrad- Phoenix F1K.07-GSXR
    Glenn Cooper- RF99-GSXR
    Justin Pritchard- Piper DF2006C

Who should be there:

James Michael- Stohr-GSXR
    Rob Laverty- Citation-R1
    Tom Schweitz- Piper-?
    Tom Robertson- Phoenix F1K.07-GSXR
    Richard Dziak-Phoenix F1K.07-GSXR
    Brandon Dixon- Citation- ?

Sure looks like 20 cars is achievable!
    Last edited by Mike B; 11.01.07 at 9:31 PM.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 0

Default Road A

Add Dave Yaakov: original Photon/gsxr

Liked: 3

Default ARRC

I AM IN BIGTIME...

Liked: 126

I'm trying...

I'm trying, too. Would tow the GoPro Stohr F1000 but we've got a trade show just before then to launch our Motorsports HERO camera system and I don't know if we can coordinate a delivery from Vegas that fast.

If our Motorsports HERO production is done in time, GoPro will be interested in donating cameras to F1000 participants. We'll have mounts for mounting in funky places on the car to get some great angles...could be fun for a post race DVD or online movie for everyone to relive the race.

Might try to rent one for the race and arrive and drive if possible...sounds like history in the making!

Thumbs up to the organizers...nice

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by GoPro View Post
    I'm trying, too. Would tow the GoPro Stohr F1000 but we've got a trade show just before then to launch our Motorsports HERO camera system and I don't know if we can coordinate a delivery from Vegas that fast.

If our Motorsports HERO production is done in time, GoPro will be interested in donating cameras to F1000 participants. We'll have mounts for mounting in funky places on the car to get some great angles...could be fun for a post race DVD or online movie for everyone to relive the race.

Might try to rent one for the race and arrive and drive if possible...sounds like history in the making!

Thumbs up to the organizers...nice
    Glad to hear there's a chance you can make it. If you go the rental route, I wonder if you could get GoPro Hero bodywork to Atlanta, or at least vinyl graphics. I'll bet the 10/10th guys will go out of their way to set you up. They are great guys (<-- an understatement).

The camera offer sounds great. I look forward to details. I hope to have my F1000 project done soon, and having in-car video is on the top of my nice-to-have list.

Contact Sean or Mike and they can make sure you are part of the formal announcements and communications if you are going to be part of the sponsorship program for the event.

Yes, it's going to be history in the making, and your inclusion will definitely add to it.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar

What is the location of the track...Atlanta? or suburb of Atlanta? North or South of Atlanta?

Will races count for SCCA license race credits? Is it a SCCA Sanctioned Regional Race event.

Since I am so late in getting the new F1000 I need 4 races for 2007 to continue my SCCA National License. Will this event count towards that requirement?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Default yes

rd atl is on hwy 53 in N. GA. closest town on the map is Braselton or Oakwood, depending on which xway you use. about 50 miles north of atlanta

coming from NM, you will eventually wind up on I-20 coming to Atl from the west. Go North on I-85 to exit (126 or 129) Braselton. then turn left and go about 5 miles, track is on the left, across the street from lanier raceway (oval).

yes it does count as a regional event. I think you only need 2 events per year for regional license maintenance.

Liked: 202

Road Atlanta is located about 50 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta, in the "Y" of I-985 and I-85. The track is just about equidistant (5 miles either way) on GA 53 between Oakwood/Gainesville on I-985 and Braselton on I-85.

The event is an SCCA sanctioned (Restricted) Regional race, so a finish will count toward retaining your license.
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar

Rick:

Thanks for the information.

It is an easy drive, but long drive with Interstate all the way from New Mexico I-10 to I-20...then up to the track.

Glad to hear that the races qualify for the SCCA. That may help me make the decision for the long haul about 1500 miles each way.

Some the incentives from sponsors getting on line in the program is also an incentive. Certainly wouldn't mind having one of those GoPro cameras strapped to the car for future races.

I am considering all options and need to get some seat time in the new Phoenix first. And then schedule a week away from the office.

Thanks for all the help.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Default Championship

I am going to try and make it. It's still a ways off but we'll see. I live in Fort Worth so it's a long way but I'll see how plans are shaping up as the date gets closer. It would be a good time!

James Michael
    Stohr F1000

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default What - No Speads @ ARRC???

I saw the car at the June Sprints. I didn't actually scope it out up close, but did a drive by or three on my way scurrying about. The car looks quite nice. Just wondering why we've heard no word...
    GC

Default Speads at the ARRC ...

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    I saw the car at the June Sprints. I didn't actually scope it out up close, but did a drive by or three on my way scurrying about. The car looks quite nice. Just wondering why we've heard no word...
    GC
    Good question. There are at least two running cars out there, according to the F1000 Registry (http://www.mike-beauchamp.com/f1000/f1000registry.xls).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default motor wars

the field has mostly Susuki GSXR (15+) followed by Yamaha R1 (3, 4 if I can get 'er done) Kawasaki (1) and some unknowns. No one using Honda?

As a side bar, why did you choose the engine you chose?

A request: Let's keep this topic limited to who will be coming to the ARRC. Otherwise it's going to be harder to sift through it to gather that info.

I'd enjoy a discussion about engines if you want to start a new topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparsons View Post
    the field has mostly Susuki GSXR (15+) followed by Yamaha R1 (3, 4 if I can get 'er done) Kawasaki (1) and some unknowns. No one using Honda?

As a side bar, why did you choose the engine you chose?
    on edit: BTW, I'm one of the worst offenders of going off topic, but I'm trying to get better about it. :-).
    Last edited by RussMcB; 09.05.07 at 10:59 AM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

sorry, my bad.

Liked: 7

There should be one Honda CBR 1000 there. My homologation papers
    were sent out tuesday Sept 11. The body may be a little rough but it
    should be ready to run. Just not real fast. The motor is a 94 model
    that is carbureted,water cooled, and has a 5 speed non sequential gear box. I chose it because I found it in the junkyard for $100. Income tax money
    should bring a newer GSXR in Feb.

Jerry

Default F1000 Parking at the ARRC

A heads up for ARRC competitors:

Soon I will begin making a list of F1000 teams who want to park together at the ARRC. I will need to know your total tow vehicle/awning dimensions.

I think the best way to organize this will be via private message or email to me. I'll create a spreadsheet or list to share it with the paddock marshals a week or two before the event.

Please keep in mind that it will be a real challenge for them to get everyone in. We'll need to work with them and follow their direction. It will be tight and cozy. Competitors with secret or cheater parts may opt to paddock elsewhere. :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

i think 10/10ths just entered with cheating parts

Liked: 706

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    i think 10/10ths just entered with cheating parts
    Finally.

Check the entered list in my original post to see what Jim is talking about.

This is either or . Not sure yet!
    I don't know if the "part" Jim is talking about is cheating but it sure is an unfair advantage...
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 11

Cole is a great driver and I'm excited that he has entered... question is, who's car?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Bill and Craig just recieved their own car for development and rentals. Perhaps it is theirs.

Ken
    Ken

Liked: 5

It's our car -- sans cheating parts -- just a well-built car with a scrappy driver whom we've had great luck with in the past. Plus he gave us a fiver just to see if he could lap his old man. Now who could turn that down???

Craig
    Craig Vogeley

Liked: 3787

Now that Cole is trying to get out of his contract with Purple Frog Homes to fulfill his obligation drive the purple pollywog '89 Reynard to another ARRC CFC victory, we see no recourse but to employ one Charles Finelli esq. to represent us in this dispute. We are prepared to take this to the FIA!

Cole must realize to be able to lap his Dad, a most noble gentleman, he first must get by me! Depending on the results from the FIA, the Manhattan First District Court of Appeals, the AARP, the NRA, the US Supreme Court, the NHRA, the SCCA and the Wakulla County Small Claims Court we will decide our next move.

In case of loss in the abovementioned courts, I'm am prepared in emergency recourse to team up with Cole's Dad and volunteer to be his designated blocker in the u-l-t-r-a-w-i-d-e Reynard (as in roller-derby).

This whole Championship race could blow up if someone finds some setup notes written in purple crayon on Craig's toolbox in November.

Ken
    Ken

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Now that Cole is trying to get out of his contract with Purple Frog Homes to fulfill his obligation drive the purple pollywog '89 Reynard to another ARRC CFC victory, we see no recourse but to employ one Charles Finelli esq. to represent us in this dispute. We are prepared to take this to the FIA!

Cole must realize to be able to lap his Dad, a most noble gentleman, he first must get by me! Depending on the results from the FIA, the Manhattan First District Court of Appeals, the AARP, the NRA, the US Supreme Court, the NHRA, the SCCA and the Wakulla County Small Claims Court we will decide our next move.

In case of loss in the abovementioned courts, I'm am prepared in emergency recourse to team up with Cole's Dad and volunteer to be his designated blocker in the u-l-t-r-a-w-i-d-e Reynard (as in roller-derby).

MorganGate 2008...

Froggy, I don't want to have to do this, but I will bring you 2 bottles of Cuervo Friday night, and I'll have to fly Howden down from Canada to take you fellas out, that way you and my dad will be incapacitated for the Saturday race.

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Cole,
    You have been to the races enough to know that maybe froggy will be incapacitated, but your Dad is a whole different story, plus he has been practicing with Finelli all season long.

Froggy, If he happens to get by you he will then have to try and get around me before reaching the other red swift... maybe if it was an endurance race he would have a shot.

John

Contributing Member

Craig

now that you are useing the"L" word,it has become a matter of honor. we need to renegotiate any damage issues!

Aw jeez Jim,

You don't think he can really do it...do you? That's all I heard on the other end of the phone from your lad -- something about someone's Dad being grass and a certain young driver being the lawn mower??? Flav, you know you've always been our #1 panel straightener. So I'll take Cole's $5 and bet you he can't do it! And please don't go and fine me $100M because we do business with your ex-Morgan Homes driver. We already spent most of it on his one-race signing bonus and his custom, blingy diamond studded arm restraints.

Craig

Contributing Member

Craig

it may just be a former driver badmouthing his old team, i offer john z from florida region on a reference as to lapping me

Liked: 201

Hey there Frog
    I would be more than happy to run the purple machine at ARRC. I dont know if I will be in CF due to some family issues. Afterall, the last time I ran an SCCA race was at ARRC in a Purple car that set a lap record, finishing on the butt of the overall winner in a CFC....while I was in a CF

Liked: 11

I'll tell you what...
    Between Cooper, Jean Luc (?), Morgan, Tyrell, Hill and others in this race the winner will have definately earned it!

This is going to be good!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 3787

Sean,
    Good point. I was thinking the other day that this FB class and the ARRC race reminded me of the late 60s, early 70s. (Before you were born ) Back then we had F5000 and Can Am. Those classes drew a lot of attention, not only because of the fields of great drivers, but also because of the many varied designs of cars that fit in the classes. Those were definitely not spec series. Spectators were drawn by the variety of cars almost as much as the drivers.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    I'll tell you what...
    Between Cooper, Jean Luc (?), Morgan, Tyrell, Hill and others in this race the winner will have definately earned it!

This is going to be good!
    And let's not forget the undefeated Sean O.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 77

And, I know of at least one "sleeper" who will be there. He is unknown to almost all of you, but has quietly been improving his game over the course of this year. No, I won't tell you who it is. If he can learn the track quickly enough, he's going to be a real surprise.

Dave

In the last few weeks I've been watching my name go lower and lower in the race results. :-).

Sean hit the nail on the head. The winner will have accomplished a lot by finishing ahead of this group.

Earlier in the year I expected a sleeper or two to surface as the ARRC date got closer. However, I think we've reached the point where we already have very talented drivers and quality cars, so now it's harder to imagine someone popping up who will be considered an easy winner.

Probably the most interesting battle will be those in the 1994 and earlier cars. I think they should have their own trophies and awards.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1

Default Another Sleeper

How about a multiple National Championship winner in a one-off car built specifically for this one race....I've heard the story from 3 different people so I can't imagine it is just a rumor....

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conrad View Post
    How about a multiple National Championship winner in a one-off car built specifically for this one race....
    Did the rumors include in which class those national championships were won?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 35

Russ,

Any new updates of your progress on the hot rod....

Scotty
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 1

Default Rumor

DSR...

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information