Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Messenger Tatuus FC/GSXr SR announced

Well, many of you know I have been up to something for a while. We are finally far enough along to make an announcement. While not a F1000 the build process is the same except for the bodywork and I know our learning pains will help others with F1000 projects. I plan to compete with the car in DSR and possibly CSR for the 2008 season and take the car to the runoffs.

For those of you who don't know me, I am a 25++ year member of SCCA living in a place called Muleshoe, Texas (yes that really is the name and yes it is pronounced like the animal "Mule") . I have spent the last 13 years in Sports 2000, primarily in the Pro Series from 1996 to 2001 where I was rookie of the year in 1997 and overall winner driving the Paul and Margie Smith Haas Falcon FX Cosworth powered car at the final pro race in 2002 at Daytona. Most recently I have come back to Club Racing where I enjoyed a 6th place finish at last years Runoffs in the unique Shannon JM06.

So, about the car:

The Messenger SR is starting out with a 1998 Tatuus FC car.

This particular car is highly developed and modified from its original state. It ran at the 2006 runoffs and had a fastest lap of the week at 1.40.479 in qualifying. For comparison, that lap time was 17th out of 33 on the DSR grid and 8th on the CSR grid. The car has Mirl Swan prepped triple Ohlins shocks and a full Stack data system. We are adding 40+ hp plus downforce so we hope for more speed of course. But, as you can see it is a capable platform.

The next part of the equation? How about a George Dean built 2007 GSXr? George is hot on this project and has been pleasantly surprised with what he has learning. My motor made its first baseline runs on his dyno this week. Now, we start the upgrades.

As far as final drive/engine bay mods I am teaming up with Mike Alexander of PDG Racing Technologies in Austin, Texas (512)431-7400. Mike is a Professional Engineer with 30+ years experience in SCCA with an emphasis in CSR/DSR. Mike will be testing the torsional rigidity of the Tatuus chassis and the related computer modeling as he adapts his chain drive design to the unique Tatuus chassis. Here is a photo of one of his designs in his own CSR:

And finally, the bodywork. While not final, I am currently working with Rennie Clayton to develop a unique version of the Dauntless bodywork that will incorporate the Tatuus nose, cockpit and low rise tail section.

That is it in a nutshell. I hope to have a Blog up and running soon and will post updates. Feel free to contact me directly with your questions/comments/suggestions. I look forward to joining the XSR community!

Jay Messenger
    www.messengerracing.com
    806-946-7252 cell
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Jay:

Keep us posted......the body work and style looks very impressive and looks quite awesome. I am sure as far as looks, it will be quite impressive with a proper final color and some race graphics. Keep us posted.......glad to see another F1000 style entering the field.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Messenger SR/Tatuus/Dauntless

Hey Richard,
    Good to hear from you. I have been following your posts. We met at Sandia when I came over and watched a couple of years ago. Will keep you posted. Are they running any events at Arroyo Seco over the winter - I may need a test track and you are only about 6 hours from me (close by my standards).

Jay
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Open Track Days - ArroyoSecoRaceway, New Mexico

Jay:

Yes, I remember us speaking at Sandia, right after I got the blue FC2000. I have listed the open track days for the remaining half of 2007 at ArroyoSecoRaceway.

The open track days for sportscar testing is a great value for a nice track. You get 30 minute sessions and usually start at 9:00 Am and finish at 4:00 PM. Cost: $75.00 for the day. Will get a least 6
    30 minute runs.

ASR Sports Car Trackdays

Feb 17
    March 17
    April 21
    May 26-27
    June 23
    July 14
    Aug 11
    Sept 22-23
    Oct 20
    Nov 17
    Dec 8

Hopefully you can come over. I will have my new Phoenix F1000 out on the track both days Sept 22-23 for some seat time. Motel rates in nearby Deming are cheap, and Deming is 17 miles from the track.

This is a great value...
    come play with your cars.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Thread Information