Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 30

Default HOT ATLANTA!

Ya man!! What a blast & thanks Mark for a good clean race. We're finally getting the car going a bit better so we're looking forward to the ARRC (& SIC if we qualify).

DaveK

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Count a few more in!

Looks like I'll be taking a red eye from the SEMA show in Vegas to Hot' Lanta to make the test day! Woooooooo!

My friends/fiends Loutentant Dan and Lightweight Larry (aka Mike Diekes and Jim Krispin) will be draging my car plus their 94 VD CFC ride down.

Dunlops for me baby!

Anyone want to offer some coaching time up for good cause? The good cause being that I don't embarass myself after not having been in the seat since March? Pretty please?
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 0

Here's a coaching tip for you Mr. Poofinger--watch out for those short trailers!

Liked: 1

Curt you can pit with us. With that black bodywork, yellow wings and Fri nite beer I may get in the wrong car on Sat afternoon. My car is painted just like yours? T & S may have to do a second take also.

In Nov it shoulden't be Hot'lana more like 65-70 deg. But with more CFC's coming the racing on the track might be hot?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Curt you can pit with us. With that black bodywork, yellow wings and Fri nite beer I may get in the wrong car on Sat afternoon. My car is painted just like yours? T & S may have to do a second take also.

In Nov it shoulden't be Hot'lana more like 65-70 deg. But with more CFC's coming the racing on the track might be hot?
    Thanks Mark!
    I hope to be down there for the test day...get the car set up and learn the track. I am sure I will have to change the number on the car, since Sean runs #51 as well. In the mean time I guess I will be putting in some time on rFactor
    Curt King

Rockwall TX

Liked: 201

I am still hoping to run our Crossle at the event. We have our new AIM system, just got the Penske's in yesterday, side panels are back on the car and most of the front end so I think we should be good, just going to be hoping to shake it down before the event. I am looking forward to running an open wheel car, I am not used to that anymore since switching to the tin tops.

Liked: 115

Default Dunlops in action

Mike & JD:

How about posting that link to JD's Lime Rock video. Then we can see the Dunlops in action from this thread.

PS: Commercial message: I'm a dealer for these cameras. Have 'em in stock.

jg

Liked: 201

OK, so it is late August so ARRC will be here in what seems like tomorrow...
    Who do we have for sure running in CF?
    Gaither, Rand, and myself are all that I know for sure. Will Robertson show up? Brooks? Duck (I saw he was selling his stuff)?

Even at 6 cars that would be a TIGHT field

Default Likely Suspects

I figure these from SEDiv: You, me, Hallock, Riley, Brooks, Hammette (if not sold), Allison, Walker, Robertson, Butler (yes, that one). Then these maybe in the newly adapted CFX classes: Oppel, Pendry, Lee, Aveni, Clements, Benson, young Generotti, ????.

There are some WDC guys that come to VIR in October. We'll need to encourage them to come. Karl Barbru, Sam Eyer, etc.

Mike will encourage the NE fellas & there are a bunch of them. I'm trying to get Tavilla and older Generotti to get cars in time.

There's an outside chance we might see an unnamed national champion there as well.

Scurilous rumors have begun about a titanic tire war between Hoosier, Dunlop, and Goodyear with hired guns (like Rand) and edgy commercials touting who's got the best of the "hard stuff".

it won't be an easy CF win for sure.

Dave DeSpain

Liked: 229

Default FFX

Am I correct in assuming a current FF on dunlops would fit in the FFX class, is there any other specific rules for the FFX class and where do I find the rules for FFX? Brian.

Liked: 605

current FF on dunlops???....yes...........but on R60 or american racers.........any hard tire is what i seem to be hearing

Default Class Rules are posted at ARRC-online.com

Club Ford
    There are actually three classes of “Club Fords” at the 2007 ARRC. All must conform to the 2007 GCR and Category specs for Formula Ford and use “hard” tires – Hoosier 60, Goodyear 600, American Racer, or Dunlop treaded tires.
    CF – ’84 and earlier FF with outboard suspension on at least one axle.
    CFX – ’84 and earlier FF except Swift DB-1 and derivatives.
    FFX – any FF as long as it’s running the hard tires.

This is going to be a barn-burner. Don't miss it!
    Last edited by jgaither; 08.26.07 at 9:14 PM. Reason: formatting

A few things about the schedule seen here>http://www.arrc-online.com/schedule.html

The express tech was great in July @ the SARRC!!! Never a line longer than 3 - 4 people!! Thank the workers in the booth, it is a lot of work for them!!

Group 10 is FE, they look to get 3 quali sessions, 2 of them combined with group 4 on Fri and a 3rd Sun mornimg. I have no problem with them having 3 sessions but the track will be full on Fri for our 2 sessions with all the cars out there. Maybe let them sit out the first session? I know that they won't like sitting around a day and a half between sessions but at least they get top billing and their own race? Still no BIG deal, just an idea.

Great job by Kevin @ Comprent for sponsering the Banquet on Sat night! He has been a good supporter of this event with his previous involvement with the FSCCA race and bringing parts to the track for us formula guys!!

I still wonder how treaded tires will do aginst slick racing tires? Are they a softer compound, that is the only way I would think that they could be worth using?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information