Liked: 1

Default RF 94 Rear Wheel Stud question

Should the rear wheel stud on an RF94 be "preloaded" or toqued into the upright? It seems that it is held in place by the bolts that go through the upright and that torquing should not be necessary.

When I bought my car the left rear was torqued and the right rear was not.

Thanks.

Contributing Member Scott Hutchison's Avatar
    Liked: 0

85258-

Not quite sure what part you're referring to but as far as I know every thing in the rear upright assembly should be tight and torqued.

If you can give more details I'll try to give you a more specific answer.
    Scott Hutchison
    1978 Lola T620 SV
    Land O'Lakes

Liked: 1

Thanks Scott, I know it was a little vague, must have been that time of day...

The stud for the wheel and wheel nut. It screws into the upright. There are 6 allan bolts (i think it is 6) that suround the stud and fit into notches and when tight the will hold the stud in from turning. What I want to know is if the wheel stud should be torqued or just finger tight?

Does it make sense now?

Contributing Member Scott Hutchison's Avatar
    Liked: 0

I'll have to look at my set up the next time I'm at the shop. But if I remember correctly the 6 allen bolts that go around the outside of the center lock wheel stud hold the inner and outer hubs together. The steel center lock wheel stud threads into the aluminum outer hub. On my car I was unsure of what the torque should be on the steel center lock wheel stud because it threads into aluminum so I put red Loctite on it and tightened it to what "felt" right.

Of course there must be an actual torque number for it but I don't know where to get it or how to calculate it.

Mine have not come loose or given me any problems though.
    Scott Hutchison
    1978 Lola T620 SV
    Land O'Lakes

Thread Information