Liked: 0

Wow, you aren't kidding! Reminds me that I needed to stop down at the local Audi dealership and ask about financing terms on a used R8...

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

That is a 1981 or 1982 Theodore F1 car powered by a V-8 owned by Eddie Claridge. He also owns a DFV powered beast of the same type - a 1982 TY02 - that he runs in the HGP group.
    Last edited by Charles Warner; 07.04.07 at 10:02 AM.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Default Glen 60th Anniversary

I was fortunate enough to have attended the above, including the Friday night
    "race" through the streets of downtown (part of the old course) and to see the beautiful
    cars at the track the next day. I would recommend anyone who has the chance to attend the event next year.

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

I remember seeing that Theodore at EMRA events at Summit Point.

Liked: 11

I just have to ask now that someone else brought this up, but how can there be a ground-effect 1982 Theodore F5000 car when the last pro F5000 race was held in 1978(Shellsport series?). I saw that car running at the BRIC this year in th F5000 group and wondered how that car was elligible, it seamed kind of unfair to the other competitors.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Paddy,

That car was running at the BRIC in the Run-What-You-Brung category. That class is pretty loose. Eddie does not run that car with us in the HGP group (he has another Cossie powered Theodore.) You are correct that this is not a proper F5000 car. He actually runs it in the highest BOSS class (Group 10 I believe.) It may have been on track with the other F5000 cars though.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 174

I believe I saw that car running with Cossie power at the Glen in the early 90's?

Mark

I'll have to check my old photo's.

Liked: 18

This thread probably doesn't need to be sticky any more as the photos are no longer accessible?

Thread Information