Liked: 0

Default Wiring harness??

I've got a friend of mine that is running some class of midgets that use the motorcycle engines. I assume they are close, if not the same engines you guys are running in F1000. Quick question for you guys regarding the stock motorcycle wiring harness, versus some sort of simplified solution. My friend ran into a problem about a week ago where one of the factory motorcycle "sensors" was not installed on the sprint car and they were having a heck of a time getting the thing running right. Even though they didn't need the sensor, apparently they had to install it "somewhere" (or put some kind of "fake" resistance in the system) to fool the computer into thinking it was there. I don't understand all the details of what happened, but it definitely made me think if you guys running the F1000's, and hoping that you have already run across this and have some sort of trick solution for bypassing all this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. (they are new to running these motors, so any help would be appreciated.) Is there some sort of simplified universal wiring loom that they can purchase?

Thanks, TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Liked: 151

The only sensor we've ever really had trouble with in a motorcycle harness is the kickstand sensor that kills the bike if you try to release the clutch with the kickstand down.

Just wire around that and it is normally less than a days work to get an engine going on the dyno/in the car.

Default A Number of Choices

Your best best is to visit the sprotsracer site to learn more about simplified harnesses. George Dean in the Northwest is a super source. I've also had great luck with Apexspeed Technologies for simplified harnesses. They have some solutions that get rid of the regulator! The tip-over sensor can also cause problems on car applications if it is mounted in certain locations that allow the sensor to "trip."

http://www.soundrider.com/Dealers/SCS/

http://www.apexspeedtech.com/
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

This is helpful information... thanks guys. I will pass along. TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thread Information