Liked: 553

Default What's the next F1000 chassis to hit the track?

Sean's conversion and the new Stohrs have been impressive. I'm guessing Matt's Phoenix will be the next to turn a wheel.

Any others? I want to get excited about another debut.

My conversion is plugging along, but still plenty to do. I'm expecting to race it some time in 2007.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 0

With a bit of luck mine will be out in a month or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Brands View Post
    With a bit of luck mine will be out in a month or so!
    Very cool! You're in the SE Div, right? Do you have a thread with pictures about your project? I just did a quick search and didn't see one.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1

Default Phoenix F1K.07 Testing

Russ,

I do believe we should be next....testing dates are set for next week and even though the bodywork is holding us up some....it looks like we'll be ready.

In fact, I picked up the nose this morning and Dustin is now working on the front wing mounts. Most of the other parts are coming off the molds today and the composites guy assured me that all the parts will be in our hands no later than Wednesday.

The car will temporarily be the same dark grey as the body plug, as we're using the same sandable gelcoat surfacer. It will get painted in a nice Prowler Bright Silver Metallic in time for the first race dates....tentatively May 5-6.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Works, LLC

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Russ:

As Matt stated he is getting his car ready. I will be the first turn-key car produced and delivered by Phoenix Raceworks. If all goes well, I will test my new Phoenix on June 23rd, 2007 at a track located here in the desert Southwest. I hope to debut the car on June 30th, and July 1st for the Rocky Mountain Division SCCA regional races in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since I am a dual member of both the RMD Division, Pan Am Region and the SoPac Division, Arizona Region, I will run the car in both regions for 2007. It is my hope to run 4 races in the RMD SCCA Div for 2007, and a few over in Phoenix in the fall with the Arizona guys. I will be the first F1000 in the RMD Division that I know of. I am sure over in Phoenix, I will have another Phoenix F1000 to race with, and that will be yours truely, Matt Conrad.

Talk about excitement.......well here's one excited future Phoenix F1K-07 owner. I am thinking of just about all end user options, like gel-coat, which I decided to go that way, color, graphics, dash options, mirrors, graphics etc, so I can be ready to meet SCCA standards 2 weeks after delivery. I have told Matt that I have no firm dates for delivery, but we worked out some time ago the June 15th date. If it happens great, if not, no disappointments here. I have full faith in the Phoenix build team that I will get a superior car.

I will not be the fastest guy on the track. I don't expect to break any records, but will report back here on ApexSpeed what I think about the car, the performance etc. I will leave the track records for the younger guys with the big b---s. At age 55, this new F1000 will be my baby, and I am not looking to get it smashed up, running wheel to wheel with the younger racers. Been there, done that. I have always been out to have fun, be safe, then competitive if I can. I will schedule about 6 events per year in SCCA, and run allot of open track days at my local road racing course. So while Matt appears to be the next test for the F1000 chassis, looks like I may be the first owner of his new Phoenix F1K-07, which I am like a kid in a candy store. Really excited. Matt has been a pleasure to work with, and ALWAYS has the answers that I seek when asking questions. So here comes the F1000 into the RMD SCCA, very soon.

I will keep you all posted.
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 04.09.07 at 8:18 PM.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default RC51 Stohr test day

Had the RC51 Stohr out last week for a good time. Car feels faster than my R1 Vandiemen.
    Neil

Contributing Member rcrockett69's Avatar

Richard:

I also race in the RMD. I raced my RM Speads last year. We have completed the upgraded undertray that allows myself and John Vanderpool to race our Speads in the F1000 class. I think John is planning on running at LaJunta on April 22 in the F1000 class. I think we are both going to be at Miller Motorsports for the Double National May 25-27. Hopefully we will run into some of the new Stohrs at Salt Lake.

I think the new Speads RM07 will also be at Salt Lake but, I'm not sure if Bob Schader has confirmed that date.

John might also be running some of the other RMD regional races as well.

Good Luck with the new Phoneix.

Richard C.

Richard:

I am familair with your RM02 Speads and raced with you back in Pueblo, Co a few years ago (2003) when I had my FF before moving up to FC #77. You had the car looking very good with the Jaguar graphics. I know John Vanderpool and last year he was driving his black FSCCA, and did a great job. I was on the track with him several times when I raced my FC. Glad to hear a few more F1000's will be out there in the RMD. The new RMD SCCA 2007 permanent numbers and classes have not been posted yet on the Colorado SCCA website. Looking forward to debuting the Phoenix F1K-07. Will your cars meet all the SCCA specs? What year is John's Speads?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by neildrake View Post
    Had the RC51 Stohr out last week for a good time. Car feels faster than my R1 Vandiemen.
    Neil
    Neil, where are the pictures and race report, man?! Did you post them and I missed them?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default RC 51 Audio

Neil,

Any chance you have an in car video set up? I'd love to hear that V-Twin on the track. Congrats on the build.

You say Obsession like it's a bad thing......

Default F1k Tatuus in MiDiv

We'll be running the Tatuus out of MiDiv. Anybody else in the area going to come and play? The plan right now is to have the car completed by Mid-July. Testing, probably at Pueblo, Colorado in Late July and Mid August. Construction of the rear-end is being done outside of Denver, so it is easy to test 2.5 hours south of there. I miss having Second Creek 40 minutes from my old man's house!

You talked about gaining entrants, well I've been without a license for a few years, and we plan to run at Mid America Motorsports DS/R/Enduro in Spetember. Based on the outcome there, we may try running a couple more regionals later in '07. I think the tow to Atlanta is not in the budget for '07, but it will be on the calendar in '08!

I have a blog site that is almost up and running with the fabrication details. When it is, I'll post the address here.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Contributing Member rcrockett69's Avatar

Richard,

It's great to see all of the new participation going on with the class. I had raced in the FS class last year without a lot of others to race against. I'm glad that this is finally taking off. I have the red Ferrari style Speads. With the new undertray, the RM02's will be able to race in the new class. Other than that they already qualified for the new class. They are also homologated in the FS class still. Which for us should be a lot of fun for testing new ideas that don't meet F1000 regs. I'll keep an eye out for you when you debut your new car.

Jonh's Speads is a 2003 which is about 6 months newer than mine.

Have a great season
    Richard C.
    Last edited by rcrockett69; 04.10.07 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Change

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by rcrockett69 View Post
    We have completed the upgraded undertray that allows myself and John Vanderpool to race our Speads in the F1000 class......Hopefully we will run into some of the new Stohrs at Salt Lake.

Richard C.
    That's figuratively speaking, right?

Contributing Member

Default No Vids or Pics

No vids or pics yet. Just took the car out to a solo practice day to shakedown. Will have something up soon.

Default Updates from anyone?

Time to shake the bushes and see where everyone stands with their projects and new car purchases. Sean O., Jeremy Hill and several Stohrs & Phoenix's have enjoyed a few outings this year. Neil Drake, too, I think. Anyone else? I know Sean Maissey is about to pull the trigger on his Novak conversion, and Ben Cooper's first drive is soon. Anyone else getting close to their debut?

My RF94 conversion project is getting closer to the end, but there are still several substantial tasks to finish. Hopefully in a month I can drive it. Craig & Scotty @ Taylor have my axles and tripods and they're helping me work out those details (via custom spacer & plungers).

I don't know if this will help light fires under some of you (or just add more unneeded stress & pressure :-), but the soon-to-be-announced contingencies/awards/prizes/tow fund for the 2007 ARRC is going to be very impressive. I hope everyone with a remote chance of having an F1000 car has this event on their calendar.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Russ:

The new Phoenix F1K-07 will arrive today. I will debut the Phoenix F1000 at Phoenix International Raceway on Sept 16th, 2007. I wanted make the La Junta, Colorado RMD SCCA race, but due to a backorder for the Kodiak wheels, I will miss this event. The car from Matt Conrad is 100% race ready and fresh out Chris Harrison's race shop with full "race set up". So I am ready run this beauty. The photos of the bright red Phoenix that Matt posted is mine, and certainly today is an exciting day to see the finished production model. Once I add some numbers, & graphics, I will post photos here on ApexSpeed for all to see. Certainly looking forward to putting the new zero miles George Dean GSXR engine to use. The car looks awesome in the photos, now I get to see the real thing today. Matt Conrad is personally delivering the car to me in New Mexico.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

my "to do" list is still very long. The car might not make it but I plan to.

Liked: 126

I'll be lucky to make the ARRC with my Citation. Looks like next season...

Quote Originally Posted by cparsons View Post
    my "to do" list is still very long. The car might not make it but I plan to.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    I'll be lucky to make the ARRC with my Citation. Looks like next season...
    I certainly understand. I started my conversion right after the 2006 ARRC, and I'm cutting corners to make sure my car will be ready. I've already started an after-the-ARRC list of things to do :-).

If there is any way you could still come in person, that would make the event even better. The Atlanta formula car gang will do their best to make sure you have a great time. We'll even let you stand in the group photo! :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member Mike Milner's Avatar
    Liked: 6

Default Congratulations Richard

WOW !!!! What a day of days for you Richard . That's awesome!!!
    I am very excited to see you and your car at PIR next month . I had the privilege of being at Fir Main when Mat and Chris were sorting the prototype of your car some months ago .It is an amazing machine .
    Today is Mega Christmas for you . I am jealous .
    Good on Ya .
    I will be there in the old Formpukla Ford .
    See ya there .
    Post some pics if you can .
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Milner View Post
    WOW !!!! What a day of days for you Richard . That's awesome!!!

Today is Mega Christmas for you .
    I was thinking the same thing. Had goosebumps after reading Richard's post. I'm looking forward to pictures, too. It may be a while before Richard gets back to a computer. He's probably sleeping in the garage tonight. :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default New Phoenix F1000 Photoshow...Richard Dziak

Fellow F1000 racers and prospective F1000 owners:

After 6 months from signing the contract with Matt Conrad, the new Phoenix F1K-07 has found it's home in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The experience working with Matt Conrad and Phoenix Race Works was a real pleasure, and Matt and his crew was always there to answer questions. While I ordered the car blind, without even a prototype produced, I am now very pleased I choose the Phoenix F1000. The car in photos is nice, but the real thing is .....just plain AWESOME.

You asked for photos of the new ride, so I have created a new PHOTOSHOW of my F1K-07 for all ApexSpeed website visitors to see the real car, decked out with a small amount of graphics. The car is just beautiful. Here's the link to my new Phoenix F1000.....enjoy the show. Be sure to give your computer some time to download the show.....just click on the link below.......

www.photoshow.com/watch/Dd5tW3Ra

Thanks Matt Conrad and Dustin for a very professional and high quality build. Now comes the track debut on Sept 16th, 2007 at Phoenix International Raceway. I will let everyone know how the car ran, good or bad. Actually, I expect to run GREAT!!!!!! The car was delivered totally "race ready".
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 08.31.07 at 9:42 PM. Reason: New photos added of Phoenix F1K-07 F1000
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

Liked: 11

Is there anything better than a new race car?

She's a beaut for sure.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Default new phoenix

Glad you took delivery, looks great,I'm sure you must be excited about racing it! good luck

Dave Craddock

Thread Information