Liked: 3787

Default Formula Car Magazine

The new F1000 issue was in the postal box this afternoon. I thought Rob and gang did a bang up job of introducing F1000, aka FB to the world. It pretty well sums up the the history up to where we are now... the end of the beginning. This could be one of those issues that sells for good money years from now, much like the fabled Swift DB-1 road test issue back in the mid-eighties.

Liked: 16

Default Formula Car Mag

Cover of Formula Car Magazine

Liked: 151

where can I get a copy?

Liked: 77

Wren,

You can subscribe to the mag. Here is there link.

http://www.formulacarmag.com/
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 0

Default Formula Car Mag

Yes, the article was excellent. Neal Drake should get some credit also for one of the very early conversion completions.

Bill Hiatt

Liked: 16

By the way....that is me on the bottom left hand corner in the Red/White FV!!!! :-)
    Stephen Saslow

Liked: 12

Hi folks,

I'm happy that the F1000 issue is meeting with positive responses. We put a lot of time into the article, and could have put even more in, but you're always going to leave stuff out (Drake). We'll be following the F1000 program closely all year long, so getting a subscription would be a good idea.

This edition is now considered a 'back issue', meaning that it has to be purchased separately and will not be included in a new subscription. When we mail out the subscriber issues, we get a good bulk rate on postage. If its a single issue, the postage is ugly (shipping) and requires our personal time (handling), hence the $7 per issue price tag.

If anyone wants a copy of the F1000 overview issue, you can download a subscription/back issue form from www.formulacarmag.com .

Thanks again for the feedback,

Rob Howden
    Editor-in-Chief
    FormulaCar Magazine
    www.eformulacarnews.com
    www.ekartingnews.com
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 0

Rob,

I am not sure how/if this can be done, but maybe you could bring a copy of this issue to the Stars race this weekend [i think you will be there ]. If so I will search you out. I will be with with Champion this weekend.

I ask because I am looking to get back into some type of car, and F1k is in my top 3 (w/ DSR, or a GT car). I will gladly buy this issue, and will/can subscribe depending on the type of car i decide to go with.

Thanks, and if this is not possible I completely understand, and only hold it slightly against you .

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Rob Howden:

For those subscribers who signed up to your magazine prior to the issue being out on the street, will we get the issue or have to buy it separetly?.......
    Volume 5 Issue 1

I filled out my subscription and faxed it to your office, got a call back and the lady was very nice, and stated that my name was on the list. I have never gotten the F1000 story issue.

I took out the subscription to get this article and the remainin issues over the next 11 months. I am sure that there where others who subscribed from the early post when you were looking for F1000 manufactures so we could get the publication.

Can you comment on these remarks and questions.

FOLLOW-UP: Rob Howden answered my PM and stated that it may take up to 10 days to get the Volume 5 Issue 1 publication on the F1000 cars for those who subscribed just before the issue came out. PROBLEM RESOLVED and CLOSED
    Thanks Rob Howden for addressing this issue. Those who have bought, placed orders or are considering an F1000 Formula car will be well pleased, and we are all excited to read your publication. Thanks again for the great service and timely response to this issue.
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 04.11.07 at 3:25 PM. Reason: Follow-up:
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

It was my pleasure, Richard.

If anyone is concerned about the status of their subscription, just send an e-mail to my wife Kimberley and she'll get back to you with the answer.

khowden@formulacarmag.com

I just signed off on the new issue, which should be landing during the first week of May. It's our 2007 Season Preview and finally unviels the completed Formula Vee project car.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Quote Originally Posted by J.J. O'Malley View Post
    Rob,

I am not sure how/if this can be done, but maybe you could bring a copy of this issue to the Stars race this weekend [i think you will be there ]. If so I will search you out. I will be with with Champion this weekend.

I ask because I am looking to get back into some type of car, and F1k is in my top 3 (w/ DSR, or a GT car). I will gladly buy this issue, and will/can subscribe depending on the type of car i decide to go with.

Thanks, and if this is not possible I completely understand, and only hold it slightly against you .

J.J. -

I just stuffed five copies in my computer bag. I leave for Norman at 8:30 am tomorrow morning. I'll be in the announcer's booth, so feel free to come up anytime.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Thread Information