Liked: 7

Default TraqMate data system

Any thoughts on the traqmate data GPS system, looks good. Views good?. Bad? Ideas?
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 43

You might want to also look at MaxQData.

http://www.maxqdata.com/

Liked: 7

Default MaxQdata

Do you use this in a formula car? How do you do this. I agree it looks good and the price is good.
    Johhny Reisert

Like you, I am looking into a data acquisition system. I autocross a FF. However, it seems that the GPS system would also work fine in road race. On SCCAforums.com there is a long discussion about the MaxQ system. The owner of MaxQ is involved in the discussion. Here is a link to that discussion.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/227266.aspx

I am considering buying the MaxqData GPS with blue tooth system, and then buy a Dell Axiom pocket computer off ebay. I plan to attach the PDA to the steering wheel with 3M Dual Lock fastening.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Blackline GPS

Take a look at Blackline GPS (www.blacklinegps.com). I have been testing one of their systems for two months, and I love it! Look at the Fuel GPS, but don't be misled by the "Fuel" acronym. This system uses GPS to map the track, record laps and display your line through each lap. You can divide laps into sectors and compare sector times. You can also depict braking and accel points an G-loads.

The system weighs about 6 oz, and is simple to install--so simple that you can share it with other cars (as long as they're not in your group).

After testing, I was thoroughly satisfied, and have now become a dealer for Blackline. I've got a special promotion underway, and if you're interested, please give me a call for details.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    703-759-0567 most evenings until 9:00 PM eastern
    Larry Oliver

Larry

Is it necessary to have a pocket PC connected to the Blackline GPS system while on track to collect the data?

With the MaxQ GPS system one does have to have a pocket PC connected to the GPS unit while on track to turn on the GPS system and to collect the data.

The software package for MaxQ has more features than the Blackline system, however, the MaxQ system samples data at 5mhz versus the 10mhz sampling the Blackline system uses.

Thanks

Dave

Liked: 1

Have the TraqMate in my tintop. Some less than stellar gentleman DE day videos at NHIS and WGI are at http://www.enjoythetrack.com/video/ . The TraqMate unit also has the additional analog/digital input so have hooked in a few extra bits, which you can see as i sync'ed the video up with the TrackVision software (and 'hacked' the software dash). Again, the laps shuck though the videos give you a small glimpse as the TraqMate software allows you to really analyze the data in a more purse sense versus the 'video game' like the link above.

Hardware is only ONE of the keys, the supporting software and how it allows you to analyze the data is a big factor for me and why i am kinda peeved the Pi2 Windows Expert software is not as diverse as it should be given the professional nature of the company.
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Default Data Logger

Has anyone tried out the Race Technology GPS based model DL-1? Reason I about to shell out the $$. It seems in base form to do most of what you need for about $1K - lat and long G, engine RPM, GPS positioning, track mapping and base analysis and for a few $$ more throttle posiion and steering position. Don't want to hijack the thread but the DL-1 seems to be aimed at the same market

David Keep

David,

Debated getting the DL-1 though think the software won me on the TraqMate (TM). BTW, you can add TPS and steering angle on the TraqMate system or whatever in the analog inputs. There is a video somewhere on their discussion board where they guy has it hookup up and 'hacked' the video game display to show it. Of course the pure data would be better rez for pure analysis versus the video game (TrackVision) conversion, though nice to have both to see/hear what was going on at the track while looking at the data. Either way, TVision works with DL-1 or TM. Last i heard, TM is working with Chasecam to have an integrated system if that is of any use to your data acquisition system.
    Enjoy the Track,

Steven
    http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com
    Was 99/00 FC, now am Just Waiting. Racing is life...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Blackline GPS

The Blackline GPS uses a Nokia cell phone as the data logger, and it fits in your pocket or wherever you want to put it. It uses Bluetooth technology to transmit the data to the cell phone, so the phone needs to be within a couple feet of the GPS receiver. After the session, you take the very small chip out of the cell phone and put it into your computer to extract the data.

I am not a hardcore computer-guy. I can't write a line of code, and I don't know anything about networking, etc., but I managed to sort through the Blackline system and get comfortable with it in about 2 hours. The software is simple, and it does a great job. Make no mistake, though. This is not a Pi system or CDS. They are more capable, but they also require someone to sift through a large quantity of data in search of truffles. This GPS-based system does not have parameters for sensor inputs. It records you laps, lines and times. It develops a track map, and allows you to display your laps on the track map. You can break down your lap times, and you can show G-forces, which means acceleration and braking points, too. It is exactly what I was looking for, since I have no plans of hiring a data-manager.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Contributing Member
    Liked: 30

Default Traqmate

I purchased a Traqmate last spring for use in a Vintage Lotus 61. I did have some problems with the acquisition box, but I think that Traqmate has worked through that. A couple of the things that I really liked about this particular system:
    1) G force sensors. Some systems calculate G force, Traqmate has actual sensors.
    2) Portability. It was easy to take from one car to another. You can swap the system between cars and compare your performance with friends’ performance. It has the capability to overlay information from different competitors/sessions.
    3) In car display. I was looking at one of the AMB dashes for $600 approx. Granted the AMB gave official times and time behind, but it was only good when the AMB was operating. The Traqmqte will give in car timing even on open track days. I found this to be the greatest benefit of the system. I have spent far more time on track practicing, trying to find those tenths of seconds. I have gotten so involved in open track days that I have run the car out of fuel on three separate occasions; and my cell holds five gallons.
    4) Software/Analysis. Traqmate lets you download their software and provides sample sessions files on their website. I downloaded and installed everything and worked with the software before purchase. I saw that it had what I wanted and stuff I didn’t know what to do with.

Some photos showing the installationbelow. If anyone wants some data files for trial, contact me off list at : lffr@hotmail.com

Overall, I am satisified with the Traqmate system.

John Mihalich, Jr.
    Lotus 61/FF/28

Liked: 0

Default What about AIM?

Hey guys, any thoughts on the AIM products? I'm new to this but it seems that the people I have been talking to like them.

Liked: 4

Default Traqmate Downloadable software search

I have one of these systems that I am trying to get set up but I do not have the software so that I can upload the data. Can someone help with a downloadable copy?
    Thanks
    George

Liked: 553

Lol. I almost responded to Johhny Reisert (OP) with my thoughts on TraqMate loggers, but he's probably gotten his answer by now. :-)

Liked: 62

Quote Originally Posted by Gwidich View Post
    I have one of these systems that I am trying to get set up but I do not have the software so that I can upload the data. Can someone help with a downloadable copy?
    Thanks
    George

Both the software and the Master Unlock Code for both Traqmate and TraqStudio are readily available online. I can send links to you later via PM if you haven’t found them yet.

Liked: 62

The software is in here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobil...Cl?usp=sharing

Note that this is not my google drive space just something I stumbled on as I try to get my TawMate system running. The other info you need is in the ReadMe file.

Thread Information