Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default 2007 New Engand Challange Schedule

The schedule for the 2007 New England Challenge (NEC) series for Formula Ford has been set with 9 race events over 6 weekends. The 2007 NEC schedule is:

April 28/29 Summit Point Regional
    May 12/13 Pocono Double Regional
    July 14/15 NHIS Double Regional
    July 28/29 Watkins Glen Regional
    August 10/11 Lime Rock Park Regional
    Sept 15/16 Watkins Glen Double Regional

Based on driver feedback, the 2007 schedule contains one major changes from 2006. For 2007, BeaveRun no longer appears on the NEC schedule. The second Watkins Glen event that was added in 2006 was a success and will be continued for 2007. Both days of the Double Regionals will count toward NEC championship points.

The defending 2006NEC Champions, J. D. King in CF and Don Veith in FF, will be back in 2007 to battle for the championship. Perennial podium finishers Charles Foster, Ray Boyer and Bob Lutz in FF along with Steve Roux, Mike Rand and Don Costa in CF will be back in 2007 to challenge for the series championship.

Bob Lutz, the NEC coordinator, looks at 2007 as a momentum year for the NEC. Entering its 5h year, the New England Challenge is established as a series in the Northeast Division of SCCA and more FF and CF drivers are planning their season around the NEC schedule. Last year we had an average participation of 12 entries per event and a peak count of 17 cars at the “Fun One” at the Glen in September. While the entries were down for most regional events in 2005, the NEC numbers were on par with previous years. With the support of the NEDiv FF community, we can make a difference.
    Last edited by Bob Lutz DB-1 #54; 02.04.07 at 8:53 PM. Reason: LRP date corrected on 2/4/07

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default FIVE Years!

Bob, I see you've planned yet another great season for the NEC which is going strong into a fifth season. It's been a terrific four years and I have no doubt this new season will bring even more FF and CF racers out. There is no better group of racers to compete against and no better competition. I miss all of them - including Roux, even though he didn't wave the last four times he lapped me! I really regret that after 23 years I had to park my Z16 in 2006 - but it's only temporary, I assure you! I hope to get back there for one of the events you have scheduled. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming season. johnm63ATgmail.com

Thread Information