Liked: 1417

Post FORUM EMERGENCY: Please Read

As we head into 2007, we have planned a few improvements and additions here at ApexSpeed.com, but one were were not expecting was the exceeding of our current host provider's capacities quite this early. Last night, we received notice that ApexSpeed has caused server load issues for our host that is effecting other customers. The ultimatum we have been given is either move the site to a dedicated server with our current host at an expense greater than we are prepared for, or be shut down on Thursday morning.

So, we have three days to fix the problem.

We are planning to move the entire site, forums and everything else to a new provider than can handle ApexSpeed's needs.

At this point, we do not have any details about how this will effect the forum's functionality and it's up-time. We will be trying to keep the forums up as long as possible before our zero-hour on Thursday morning, and hopefully we can keep it seamless and invisible to you—but we don't know for sure yet.

If all goes well, we will be up and running on the new host as soon as possible, and the effect on our membership will be minimal. Our fingers are collectively crossed.

We'll post more news and information as it becomes available to us.

As usual, thanks for all of your continued support and backing over the years to bring us where we are now. While it's stressful to have to deal with this issue with such immediacy, it's thrilling to be in a position to NEED to acquire larger capacity for this site.

This will only improve...

ApexSpeed.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default time to pay the piper???????

If I can afford a new racecar I can afford to help pay for the ONE forum I get my info from. I have an FFR Cobra relicar, I am a silver supporting member of that factory sponored site. I donated $200.00 to support that site. That got me a lifetime status and an as yet undelivered T-shirt! LOL. Do we all need to chip in to help pay for a server? If yes then make it a group effort. Set up a paypal account for us to send it to if there's not one already. I looked around the site trying to find a place to send money and could not find one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]William Pelton

Liked: 3

Default Props

Doug,

I am an IT guy by trade, so if I can help technically let me know. I LOVE this site and browse it almost nightly. This site and the www.sportsracer.net site are the two best pure technical and social sites on the net for "real race cars".

I am contributing via Paypal momentarily.

Best to you and Keith,
    Sean

Contributing Member

Default I found it

I completely missed the little PAYPAL icon at the top between banners. I found it a moment ago and sent my cyber c-note to Doug. I say "ask and ye shall receive" we should all send what we can to support the site. If things are tight skip a night out with your sweetie and send the money to our favorite forum.

Contributing Member

Default oh ya !

Good for you Sean! Wonderful offer on your part. Team spirit!

Liked: 1417

Just to remind everyone, tonight between 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. CT, we will be shutting down the forums in order to make sure that nothing gets broken or damaged as we prepare to move the site to a new dedicated server.

The move should take 5-10 minutes at the most, and as soon as everything is back on track and clear, we'll bring it back online. Hopefully by then, we'll have the issues with the ad banners worked out, too.

Thanks for hanging in there with us throughout this mess...

doug

Liked: 126

Thanks for doing this Doug.

Contributing Member rcrockett69's Avatar

Doug,

In the future if you have additional IT hosting needs let me know. I run the operations of a large IT hosting and managed services company - CH2M Hill Managed Services. I would pass on the preferred racer pricing for any services you might need to help support your great forum.

Richard

I just sent in some support through Paypal. Hopefully it helps.
    Last edited by rcrockett69; 03.07.07 at 2:08 PM.

Thread Information