Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked: 0

Default Final countdown

Got Barbaras confirming message that we are signed up for 7pm. There are 3 other groups signed up for 630, 700 and 730 time slots. We need to do paperwork for 1st timers and get at least ten of us together for the 1st heat. There is a large tv in the corner nest to the briefing room-- we should convene in that vicinity and see whose on first( to mix a metaphor).
    Ill be there at 615 or so along with John D and others who have broken varous traffic regs to get there early. Then the fun begins.

George

Liked: 4

Default See you in a few

I spoke to Barbara as well.... they are expecting us. We need to be ready to hit the track at 7:00 --

See you all at the TV....
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 5

Default Thanks!

Great turn out last night! From far and near. Late night though, which is why I guess some one hasnt already posted!

Thanks Chris for having a place for us to play.

Other than the near frostbite, that was a blast!

Thanks for driving Ambrose!

See yall out there again.
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Default Lets do it again!

Go back to On Track Karting again, that is.

Chris has a first class facility, and great crew of people to keep the karts running in the same direction. Its easy to see why the place gets so busy. Not to worry cause its a chance to visit with fellow apexers in person.
    Thanks Ambrose for getting the ball rolling. This is a great way to cure those winter blues, get out of the house and keep those lightning reflexes razor sharp(yea right) . See yall next time.

George B.

Liked: 96

Default I hope you do it again...

I'm glad you hear you had a good time (as if you wouldn't: fast karts, fast friends).
    I hope I can make the next one. The 1st & 2nd Tuesdays of the month are out for me, otherwise fairly available.

So, show me the numbers! Who was fast? What were your lap times? Somebody scan those sheets and throw them up here.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Good time by all

I sure it is safe to say a good time was had by all. I think 17 Apex'er showed up. Let not post the times, I don't need the whole site to see how slow I was. I know I will be back to at least try and improve my times.

Ed

Us Long Islander's had a great time too. Ambrose did a great job organizing the group. How much would it cost to just rent the facility for an hour? Its a little long between sessions. It seems to me the most revenue they can bring in if they ran like clock work and filled all their karts would be like $1800 an hour. If we keep the same headcount that is like $100 per person and we'd get more track time and less waiting for reasonable dollars.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Default What a Blast... Whjen do we go again?

What a blast...!!!

The final count was 17 "APEXER"s. That gave us 2 run groups (with a couple outsiders thrown in). By the time we got thru payment & membership, first group hit the track at a bit past eight (Was a reasonably long wait). Place was near empty at 6:30ish, and quickly filled up at about 7. Delay for second session was not so bad. Some of us, stayed late and ran third heat (Heat 57). That one was most entertaining, all 10 Karts were APEXERS. I have those times. and will post them up here at one point. I beleive the 2 fastest karts, were driven by guys using booster seats. Quite discouraging.

Now that the membership is out of the way (Photo's and stuff). Now that some of us have credits on our cards, I'd like to do a Thursday event (the slowest night), Targeting maybe 5 heats over a 2 hrs span (On thurs, it is a traditionial 8 min session). 7:30 - 9:30, then diner & beers. I believe they also have a RACE Option. but last race I watched, was chock full of yellow & red flags, I think lapping may be more entertaining. Maybe the top 10 lappers lappers advange to a race 5 or 6.

Any interest...? Anyone want to step up an coordinate this? I'm free on thusdays (other then Feb 22).

I want to thank Chris, his management team and all his employees. He was very accomidating as a host. They stayed open way past normal hours. I believe our last race started at 11:00. Maybe he can chime in as the best way to approach this.

I'm looking forward to going back and at least getting into the 38's..

Sounds like a good plan to me...

I nominate Ambrose to organize it!
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Default 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Kniffin View Post
    Sounds like a good plan to me...

I nominate Ambrose to organize it!
    I second the nomination!

A Thursday night sounds good, except the 15th. Perhaps 3/1?
    Barry Wilcock

Default Karting - Again

I'd normally not have an issue organizing, but unfortunatly, I just picked up a project that may have me going back and forth to the Kindnap Capitial of the World (Mexico City). If you guys want to chip in for the Randsom fund, I may consider it.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Well,....Where's the times from this "Apex group" ? I took a group of 16 up there last night 2/8/07. F/F, F/C and F/A guys and some others with no race experiance for a sort of surprise birthday get together for an "old friend". I was strictly doing R&D so my 38:132 does not truly reflect my surperior driving talents and will be bettered when I go back for my next and 4th time there. The "birthday boy" from way up in northern New York at 6'3" and 215lbs was at a 37:859 on his 10th lap there and got down to a 37:528 in our 2nd and final session. I will not post the names or times of the rest of the group due to the shame some of these so called "racecar drivers" must be feeling! I'm SURE that most of these guys will sneek up there for some "practice" under assumed names before there is any kind of rematch.
    I'm up for an ALL Apex night or weekend day event.

Here's a format proposal.

1. 100 laps
    2. (1) 5 minute pit stop (6 minute penalty for a short stop)
    3. 2 drivers per team
    4. 5 lap Qualifing sessions (per team) top 10 teams or the max amount of karts allowed on track per race transfer to the main.
    5. Kart number for main race picked from a hat
    6. Winning team get's there entry paid for by the rest of the final race teams (split equally per team)

I will organize this event if there's enough interest. Find a partner and post here. Let's try for a Sunday afternoon like Feb 25th or March 4th. I will talk to Chris about entry fee for this and post it as soon as I can.

Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Default Some Lap Times From the Karting Event

Below are the times from the Apexer's Only Session, Last Session of the night. I'm guessing on some of the names. If I am wrong let me know and I will correct them.

1. Chris Keller 36.545
    2. Zack Skolnick 37.744
    3. GMI 13 (Doug Kniffen) 38.488
    4. Racer27 Ambrose Buldo (ME) 38.836
    5. GMI 31 (Brendan Puder - Hazelnut?? 38.996
    6. Krazy Neon (Marko, futer FF Racer?) 40.008
    7. Racinggrl (Dani Jakson) 40.214
    8. Fat Boy (Charles Fanelli??) 40.930
    9. GMI 69 42.363

Chri's time is ver respectable, it was 4th fasted of day & 5th fastest of week. The fastest was 35.701.

Default Karting - Next Event

Mike - You can count me in, for almost any Sunday. If you need any help setting it up, let me know.

I'd like to see if we could get someting like 5 sessions in over a 2 hr period. Something like 2 pratice sessions per person, 1 timed quilifying. One heat race and the top 5 in each het race move on to the main. But when you talk to Chris, I'm sure he can offer advice.

I'd rather not have teams, if we do, pick them at random. I like your idea on selecting the carts at random. Maybe set it up so we gurantee that same person will never get the same cart more then once. There absolutly are small differances in the cart performance levels. THe regulars seem to know which Karts to choose.

In order to keep thing organzied, I can bring a laptop where we can keep tabs of stuff. I can also bring up a "Paper White Board" and eisle, to we can put the numbers up. I'm sire wiht a little notice beween your goup and ours, we'd get 30-40 drivers. It's a long haul for some, so maxiumizing track time is criticial (while still avoiding back to back sessions). A mix of hot lapping and Racing would be ideal. As Just racing may be fusrtating aas passing is very much a challange,

Talk to Chris & let me know.

Abuldo at Aol.com

Ambrose, Your 100% on the more practice and heat races. I didn't take into account the distance some people will have to travel. I do like the team concept of 100 laps. I couldn't do 100 laps at that place without pukeing at least 4 times! The team concept gets 20 people into the "main" instead of just 10. I think one of the rules should be that your an Apex member AND a SCCA,RCCA, or EMRA member with proof also. A random draw per session (practice,qual,main) should also be put in place.
    I'll take you up on the help setting this up. I'll brainstorm this for the rest of the weekend and talk to Chris on Monday. Let's try to get the format on here by Tuesday night 2/13/07 and see what the interest level is.

Thanks, Mike

BTW, You guys were flyin up there that night! 36:545 WTF !,

Liked: 3

Thank you to all that came down on that cold Tuesday night....It ended up being quit busy so it was hard to get everyone out as quickly as I would have liked. Unfortunately I don't think I met everyone, but I did meet most. I hope everyone had a good time. Let me know what you guys are thinking about for the endurance race and we can come up with a solid date and time. Sunday morn is usually the best for us and we could even open a little earlier for you guys. For anyone that came down but did not say hello, please do seek me out next time you swing by. I look forward to seeing you all again!....Chris

Default Karting... Again

So what do u guys think, Sunday March 4th?

Liked: 1

Count me in if it's in the morning
    Walt

Default Sunday March 4th

I should be able to make it if it is not in the morning (Sorry Walt!)
    Barry Wilcock

Liked: 5

Depends on my progress on my racecar...
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Default Fri 2/23

I'm planning a trip up there tomorrow 2/23 with my friend Jen (http://www.jennifercarlson.ca/) at about 1p. Anyone else want to play hooky tomorrow? Stonebridge? Hazelnut? Anyone?

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Default Hookey

Greg J and Jen
    I may be able to get there tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to shovel this "white rain" we are presently being blessed with. I have never been and would like to see this track. You did say 1PM?
    Capt. E

Liked: 36

Walt:

I believe that I can make it on the 4th. Perhaps I can finaly break thru the 39's?? I could use the seat time for sure. Just don't tell Dave that I raided the tire budget.

John D.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryJ View Post
    I'm planning a trip up there tomorrow 2/23 with my friend Jen (http://www.jennifercarlson.ca/) at about 1p. Anyone else want to play hooky tomorrow? Stonebridge? Hazelnut? Anyone?
    HMmmm, Your friend Jen. I can see it now! Honey,...Can I drive the Atlantic car this weekend? But YOU drove it last weekend!

I would love to play hooky and come up and beat around with you but I have this $10,000 little "toy" called a Ski-Doo I'm going to try and put some miles on up in Vermont this and next weekend. The damn thing is worse than a racecar when it comes to mileage vs sitting in the shop!

Have fun up there, Agnif

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Default Hookey

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it today at the kart track. I have 3-4" of heavy wet snow up here on the ridge and I have to clean out two properties. Maybe next time.
    Capt. Eddie

Default Karting, Ct, Sunday March 11th?

Did not get much response fro March 4th. So I guess that is not going to happen. I know alot of guys were traveling. Anyone up for Sunday March 11th?

Contributing Member

Default On-track

I am back in New Orleans for a while but if I am home that weekend I will try and make it. Almost fully healed from last time so I am ready to go again.

Ed

Ambrose: I should be good to go for the 11th. We will have an annual tech there the day before. Perhaps some folks would want to make a weekend out of it?

Eddie: The beer was a bust! Worst beer I have ever tasted. In fact I gave the whole lot away to a friend who brews his own and he said that it was good??!! I guess I'll stick with my Heinny.

John D.

Default Roll Call for March 11

Ambrose,

I only see JohnD replying in the affirmative for this coming Sunday.

If it is in the afternoon, I believe I can make it.
    Barry Wilcock

Default Karting - Sunday March 11th, I can't make it

Crew chief called, he is avail to work on the car on Sunday. Anytime I get the opportunity to get his expert assistance I have to take it. So, I won't be doing any Karting this weekend.

Have a good time...

Contributing Member

Default This Sunday

So is anyone going this Sunday? I will be in town so I will be able to make it.

Ed

Ed if you and John want to go up tomorrow let me know what time and I will meet you there.
    Walt

Default Sunday March 11th

I was thinking of going around 2pm on Sunday the 11th (tomorrow).
    I could go later if that is better, but the morning through Noon I am busy.
    Barry Wilcock

Liked: 157

what Time?? If you guys set something up, call me. my number is listed somewhere

Default Karting...

Did you guys go? How crowed was it Sunday afternoon?

I spent the weekend working on the car. We are about a days thrashing from being ready to do the alignment and putting her on the trailer.

Default I went...

Sunday afternoon was busy, but not crowded. I did not notice any other Apexers there. I had a nice chat with a gentleman who was originally from South Africa. He had raced karts there and now occasionally runs at Oakland Valley in NY.

I set some lousy lap times: 41's. Other guys on the track were in the 37's.

Funny note: I got on the track before a bunch of kids (preteens). Asked the young lady at the counter if it was a birthday party. She said they just showed up. There had to be at least 10 kids (seemed like 20 ). She was moderately annoyed but taking it in stride. I'd recommend calling ahead if you are coming with more that 6 people, especially Jr's.
    Barry Wilcock

Ambrose, Walt, Ed, Barry and Steve:

I didn't make it, as Barry knows. I also didn't check in here to see the late Friday, and Saturday comments. So I made plans to do some other crap and missed an opportunity to hang with some friends.

Perhaps next time.

PS: Barry, you and I would be lapping together. Let Walt lap with the kids.

John D.

Contributing Member

Default Missed too

I also missed it, didn't see Walt's post till Sunday afternoon. Oh well next time.

Ed

Do you guys want to try again this Sunday?
    Walt

Walt:

What time would you conisder? Depending on the time, I might be able to.

John D.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information