Liked: 11

Default Gear position indicator and TRE

Just purchased what appears to be a nifty little device & wanted to let you Suzuki guys know about it (I posted the same thread on the SRN to see if any of them are currently using it)...

Its a GIpro by HealTech Electronics. Combo Gear indicator and TRE. Neat thing is that it learns the gears without driving the car (if needed). Just put it in each gear for a few seconds and bam. It does not calculate gear position with speed & rpm. The TRE also is adjustable- you can pick 4th, 5th or 6th gear maps. The display (1" lcd) auto-adjusts brightness depending on conditions or you can set it yourself. Last feature is an auto-on, off. The unit gets wired directly to the battery (well, and the gps) & does not have to be switched.

I figured for $150, what the heck. Better then constantly counting gears in my head! I'll provide a review after its installed and working (or not).
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 0

Default Look At You

Always with the wizzy gadgets. Does it come w/a heads up display? That would be too wizzy if that's possible.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Liked: 309

There is more discussion of the GIpro over on the DSR Forum, complete with pics.

If one mounted it up top dead center on the cowling in front of the driver, it could be continuously read without having to shift one's gaze.

Too bad it fits only a couple of specific m/c marques.

Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 115

Default Who had the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sprecher View Post
    Always with the wizzy gadgets. Does it come w/a heads up display? That would be too wizzy if that's possible.
    OK, open wheel historians. Who had the first heads up display in club racing?

The winner gets a free membership and a free race pass to Grand Prix Greensboro.

Oh, yeah - it needs to be MY right answer! I might not actually know, but I think I do.

Hint, FF. Other hint - what it displayed was very unique.

This should be fun!

Grand Poobha
    GPG

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Ok, I'll have a go...

Harvey Templeton, HR7260, Hydraulic Pressure in the system that ran the camber adjustment device???

Can I make a second, third or fourth guess if I'm wrong?

Bryan
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 115

Quote Originally Posted by bryancohnracing View Post
    Harvey Templeton, HR7260, Hydraulic Pressure in the system that ran the camber adjustment device???

Can I make a second, third or fourth guess if I'm wrong?

Bryan
    Bryan: You're too good & I gave too many hints!

The display was actually 2 small LED's glued inside his helmet to tell him when he had a lever pulled to activate the right or left side. He sometimes forgot the return the lever to the neutral position - thus creating more excitement than Harvey needed at his advanced age.

I asked him why he didn't just feel the lever - the darn things were between his legs and they pulled into his groin when activated. He just looked at me & smiled and said something like: 'At my age?".

Quite a guy.

Thread Information