Liked: 11

Default Lets all get to Road Atlanta for the 07 ARRC!

I know lots of folks try and set their schedules for the year in January... I know I do.

With that in mind, lets have a good F1 turnout at the ARRC, our National Championship race.
    I know loads of Stohrs will be delivered by then, Phoenix may have some cars on the road plus who knows about Citation, ETS Motorsports, Gloria, Piper, Racing Concepts, or West! (all listed manifacturers of new f1 cars). I believe Van Diemen will also have cars available. (for those counting thats 9 companies building F1 while only 5 have FC!?)
    Throw in our conversions- how many are close... Russ M, Mike B, Rob L... and more!

Anyway... make your plans!

I will host a F1000 party (of course others welcome) and will try and do my best to match GR's spread at Sebring. I bet I can get Sweetwater (beer) to sponser our fiesta...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 553

Great idea. I'm in. I can just see me finishing up my conversion at 3:00 AM Wednesday night before loading up for the ARRC. :-).

Is it too early to start talking smack?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

I have to bite my tongue everyday...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 126

When's the ARRC? I'm picking up my new Citation chassis in a couple weeks. Goal is to be ready for late April.

The 95 Citation car I picked up would make a great start for a conversion. I'm going to be breaking it up and using what I need off it for the new chassis. I'll have everything listed soon on Apex in various places depending on what car type might need some of the parts.

Liked: 202

The 2007 ARRC will be November 9-11 at Road Atlanta. Track-sponsored test day on Thursday, Nov. 8, two 20-minute qualifying sessions on Friday (with FE), 20-lap race on Saturday (without FE), then hang around on Sunday to drink beer and watch the FE cars determine their National Champion (or you could head home early if you want).

Time contraints keep us from giving you your own race group, so you'll race with FS, CFC and CF (I'm dropping CS2 for 2007 - nobody's shown up for two years) with the FE cars thrown in for qualifying on Friday. Since the ARRC is a restricted regional, however, we COULD call you guys "F-1" if you wanted.

Butch Kummer
    ARRC Committee Chairman
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 8

Default events

I was wondering myself where the few venues are that might have a lot of the new f-1000
    cars/conversions in attendance?
    Dave Craddock

Oh my gosh. I had the most upsetting dream last night. Couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. I'm still a little shook up. The 2007 ARRC race had just ended and I finished behind Sean!

Thank goodness it was just a dream. Still scary to think something like that could happen, though.

I worry too much.

:-).

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    I have to bite my tongue everyday...
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Dream or precognition?

I suggest buying some lottery tickets... when you win (you clearly have psychic abilities) you might be able to get some help and actually have your car ready....

Dave, all of the currently running F1000s will be at Road Atlanta Feb 24-25th. Later in the year.... who knows. Hopefully we will have a good turnout at the ARRC.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default F1000 at the ARRC?

Ah, maybe I'm overlooking something here, but can F1000, F1K, FB, or whatever, be included at the ARRC since it is now a national class? The ARRC is the national championship for "regional only cars". I would think the only way they can run there would be with dual homologation in the Formula S class. Right?
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

No.
    The "new" philosophy for the ARRC is that it is the National Championship for any class that does not have a runoffs opportunity. National classes are welcome if they are not in the 24(?) classes allowed at the runoffs.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    No.
    The "new" philosophy for the ARRC is that it is the National Championship for any class that does not have a runoffs opportunity. National classes are welcome if they are not in the 24(?) classes allowed at the runoffs.
    Sean, Where did you find this info? This is new for 07, right?
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 0

Default Read It Here

Scotty - check this out at about the bottom of the page - http://www.arrc-online.com/arrchistory.html

Basically, the ARRC is for any and all classes not invited to the Runoffs. Since FB is new it will not have the car counts needed to run at Topeka. So, the ARRC by default would determine the first FB National Champion.

Normally, I don't "party" or go to parties but I will make an exception this time only because you people seem nice.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Default ARRC Philosophy, 2007

Scott (and others),

Yes, the underlying philosophy of the ARRC has "adapted" since the Club no longer invites all National classes to the Runoffs. Where before it was the "National Championship Event for Non-National Classes", starting in 2007 is will be the "National Championship Event for Non-Runoffs Classes".

For 2007, we will be inviting FB (F1000), FE (FSCCA), BP, DP, and ST (the five National classes added to the mix but unable to attend this year's Runoffs) to the ARRC. That could well change each year depending on which new classes are approved and which of those classes are in the Top 24 for the prior year. Some of the GTL guys (who have strong participation numbers in NEDIV but are low many other places) are hoping they'll not make the numbers to qualify for the 2008 Runoffs because they'd rather come to Road Atlanta for a long weekend than take two weeks off just to hear "Holy Topeka" every day.

Butch Kummer
    ARRC Committee Chairman
    Opener of One Door When Another Closes
    Butch Kummer

That's great news! With all the high RPM F1000 cars added to the motorcycle powered cars already running in FS & ASR (CSR & DSR w/ASR dual homolagation), we should be able to put on an excellent show, both visual & aural!
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 1

Default ARRC FB Race

It is going on the calendar right now......

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Default mo smack talk

Matt, (Sean thinks) you may want to wait and see the performance differences between your new cars and the old converted FC's. (Sean is worried that) you may not want a head to head comparison if it turns out your cars cannot match the pace of (Sean's) converted FC. Of course, that might be due to the superior driving talent in the converted cars.

I made that part up about "Sean thinks". (<-- Now that's funny!)

Sometimes I crack myself up.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1

Default Conversions vs. Purpose Built

Russ,

I know you're just kidding around, but I will never discount ANY competitor in this class. I have a feeling that there will be several converted FC's that are going to be VERY fast....partly good engineering, and partly good driving. I look forward to getting all these designs on the track together.

Obviously we've seen the other purpose-built cars being built, but my biggest fear right now is not from the other NEW cars, it's from the FC conversions. My logic for this is that several of these conversions are already well driven and fast cars.....adding in a MC powerplant won't alter that. Not one of the purpose-built cars has even rolled onto a track yet...so the jury is still out. Plus, a few of these new cars are a major departure from the proven FC designs....are they really going to work? Time will tell.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Matt, I'm glad you're a good sport about my good natured ribbing. I hope Sean is, too, but sometimes he can be a real jerk. But I mean that in a good way. You've got to cut the guy some slack. After all, he was born at a very early age. Can't be easy when you're surrounded by old, better drivers.

I'd better STFU before I really get in trouble. :-).

I share your thoughts about the well developed and well driven converted cars. It's hard to imagine them not being fast as heck. I think all of the car types have potential and advantages. One thing we're all pretty sure about - we're going to have a blast racing them.

I just hope I can erase 30 years of H pattern shifting ...
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Okay, that's not funny. We've all done things in our lives that we're not proud of.

I've reported you to the Global Moderator, and I'm going to leave negative feedback.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Arrc 2007

Butch, my ARRC wish list:

F1K gets their own race via seperate/split start.

Better yet, make that split Standing start.

I'd bet the guys would take you up on the "F1" (classification) offer.

The fact that it's Road Atlanta makes it even that much sweeter; like the man said,
    "You mean 2nd prize is two weeks in Topeka?"

Rob - Are you building a New Citation F1000?

Russ - I'm real close to making a decision:
    Might be something from "Out West",
    Maybe something w/ Old World flair,
    Perhaps a Local Vintage...

Russ Con't:
    I have neither the time nor skill to convert (or at least that's what I told those 2 black-slacks wearin' - white shirt n' tie sportin' young fellas at my front door the other day).

Scott - That (seperate start for FB @ ARRC) would be Aural Sex then?

Coop Out

Liked: 126

Yes - a NEW Citation F1000. My chassis is supposed to be ready in two weeks. Then there's a ton of more work.

Is this the slipper clutch thread? Going senile. Russ, the chain will go backwards, but it won't make the engine go backwards. I'd have to see how the starter is engaged before figuring that part out.

Also, I found that Yamaha makes a 2005 snowmobile based on the R1 engine which comes with a dry sump AND a reverse gear. I ordered all the dry sump parts for about $300 and will soon see if it will work. I get to keep the stock water pump too. I'll next look at the reverse gear thing.

Assuming the numbers are there, a split start is very possible (even likely). I don't see a standing start (split or otherwise) anywhere in our future, however.

Butch Kummer
    Butch Kummer

Quote Originally Posted by GT1Vette View Post
    <snip> I don't see a standing start (split or otherwise) anywhere in our future ... <snip>
    I'm glad to see that nipped in the bud. Yes, it's fun to think about it from an entertainment point of view (for drivers and spectators), but there are a lot of things that could easily go wrong. Even disregarding the added equipment abuse, all it would take is one person getting the start wrong, resulting in a pile of damaged cars. I don't think we want to thin the field in the first 100' of a "national championship" race. Also, the ARRC standing start would probably be the only time any of the participants would be doing it. Not a great place to learn.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Got to agree w/ McBride on this one....
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Oh well...

Maybe you guys can practice some standing starts in the street in front of yer house?
    Me? I better get my butt in a car I guess!
    GC

Thread Information