Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by a. pettipas View Post
    I really like my Sparco suit, X-Light Evo-4, 3 layers, ridiculously light http://www.winecountrymotorsports.co...oducts_id=1061

My old 2-layer Leaf suit is Michelin Man-esque by comparison...

Aaron
    ... having said that, I don't rate highly the Sparco's chances of making it 14 years as my Leaf suit has... when I took it out of the tote my immediate thought was this is a remarkably light suit, 2nd thought was there ain't no way this one is going to last like my old one... at least the styling will never have the opportunity to become dated... another feature of this suit to note is the X-Cool treatment... 1st session I wore it at NHMS, stopped on pit road after qualifying, I felt a cold sensation on my back and shoulders and immediately thought I must have a fuel leak in the cockpit, though I didn't sense any burning nor smell any fuel??... my body temperature had evidently activated the X-Cool stuff... so, it definitely works, but the effect seems to degrade rapidly with use and was non-existent after the 1st wash... it can be purchased and reapplied by the user but I didn't bother as it seems unnecessary and thus not worth the time/expense...
    Last edited by a. pettipas; 12.27.11 at 11:12 PM.

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

My choice....Sparco...or Alpine Stars
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 11

Default Hinchman

Don't overlook Hinchman. They make custom suits with the latest materials, and number of layers you require. They also have testimonials from many who have actually been in fires. One of their recent ones was a guy who ran into a fire to pull another driver out of his burning car. He was confident that his Hinchman would protect him. One had saved his father many years before.

They have made suits for many Indy drivers and have a cool line of vintage designs available from their original patterns (like for Steve McQueen, Jim Clark, Graham Hill, etc.). They take protecting you very seriously. Have probably been making suits longer than most.

I like mine. Really nice people. Worth a look.

Liked: 948

Hinchman is good, talk to Keith Averill for a Design 500. Will probably be my next suit.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

In regards to an all Carbon-X suit, I've been told it is possible, but not recommended as the material isn't as tear-resistant as Nomex. The suit won't do you much good if you rip a hole in it trying to get out of the car quickly.

I know the Oakley suits have the Carbon-X inside layer (I tested one of them)
    and I believe Impact was already mentioned.

I also have a Sparco X-Light Evo 3, (which is basically a backup suit now) I like it, it's really light, and haven't had any problems with it, but as Aaron said, I'm worried that it might not be as durable as others.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information