Thread: Z Huh?

Liked: 3787

Default Z Huh?

Did a recent Lee Stohr thread I was responding to, just disappear off the site?

Maybe I'm hallucinating again...

Yeah, that's it. I'm dreaming. Even dreamed that Russ had beat me to the first reply.

Liked: 553

Maybe too commercial? Just a guess.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 16

Default Stohr News

Our new Distributor will be advertising on Apex very soon, and then we will be allowed to post our latest news here. Can't do that now; Forum rules. Meanwhile, please go to our web site for information. Thanks.

So...

Weeks ago I had pre-written my response to the anouncement that had briefly appeared. Having had lunch with Craig a very weeks before the ARRC... I swore to secrecy, and promised to wait until the 'announcement'.

Now... that was hard for me to do. But I did promise.

Even if it isn't yet formally announced on Apexspeed I say congratulations to Craig and Bill at 10/Tenths for joining forces with Lee and ramping up to provide great service to the new F1000 clients and those in dsr and csr.

You can't find better guys to support you in racing than Craig and Bill. I think Lee watched how they supported the Sheldons and saw the potential.

I predict it will be a well traveled booth at PRI.

Congratulations to all involved.

Do well, sell lots. Buy an ad at Apexspeed.

Liked: 59

My congratulations too!! I KNOW Bill & Craig do well.

I've raced exclusively with 10/Tenths for 3 years and only hope they still will have time to support me.

Liked: 91

Congrats to Craig and Bill, Awesome Team and Amazing people. See eveyone at PRI.

Mark Beckman

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    So...

You can't find better guys to support you in racing than Craig and Bill.

Not very well written sentance for an industry involving so many that give so much to so many and often at their own cost.

Default Teacher, teacher, give me a ...

OK... Did anyone in the States misunderstand the compliment I was trying to post above? Hum... ...let's give this a try:

In our sport of club racing I have met many of the guys and girls that attempt to operate businesses with the goal to support club racers either at their shops, at the track, or both.

As in any industry, in my opinion there is an upper echelon of those race-prep shops. Shops that don't just go through the motions to get one's money, but go the extra mile to build winning efforts and enjoyable experiences for their customers.

Craig and Bill have shown they are members of that upper echelon of prep shops.

Liked: 9

Default Too funny

Not very well written sentance for an industry involving so many that give so much to so many and often at their own cost.
    Mark, you're criticiizing Frog's sentence structure with that sentence???? That's hilarious. LOL.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    OK... Did anyone in the States misunderstand the compliment I was trying to post above? Hum... ...let's give this a try:

In our sport of club racing I have met many of the guys and girls that attempt to operate businesses with the goal to support club racers either at their shops, at the track, or both.

As in any industry, in my opinion there is an upper echelon of those race-prep shops. Shops that don't just go through the motions to get one's money, but go the extra mile to build winning efforts and enjoyable experiences for their customers.

Craig and Bill have shown they are members of that upper echelon of prep shops.

Holy cow. What a jerk.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Re: Mark Beckman

In general I have stopped reading Mark's posting or at minimum have dismissed them. If you do a Google search on Mark Beckman and racing all you will find is an extensive list of his posts on a number of forums and a significant number of them are for racing simulation games.

Mark to best of my knowledge has never been in a race car nor has he built one that someone else hase raced.

Mark, if I am incorrect in my assumptions please feel free to correct me.

Mike Devins

Liked: 126

I ignore the guy too.

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Re: Mark Beckman

reply deleted...

Mike Devins
    Hurley Racing Products
    Romeo, MI
    Last edited by Mike Devins; 12.12.06 at 6:13 PM.

Liked: 0

Default 10/10ths thumbs up

I just placed a deposit for a Stohr F1000 and without having met Craig or Bill I have to agree they are comitted to doing a great job.

My experience is limited to 1 year of racing Formula Mazdas with Russell Racing at Infineon...sweet arrive and drive program. This will be my first car -- ownership.

On a Saturday, Craig spent no less than 4 hours with me on the phone going over things, even talking me out of certain higher priced options. That's refreshing.

Those guys are classy...! And very helpful. If they build me a fast car they will be GODS

Here's to Lee, Wayne, Craig and Bill of the Stohr Cars effort...thanks for the bitchin' rigs...going to be fun as all hell to win in!!!

Liked: 9

Default Cal Club or SFR?

I just placed a deposit for a Stohr F1000
    Looking forward to seeing the car. I would imagine you'd come to SFR races since Infineon was your home track? Our wings and things group is pretty healthy.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Idlof View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the car. I would imagine you'd come to SFR races since Infineon was your home track? Our wings and things group is pretty healthy.
    Yah...going to keep the car at Infineon and hope to run SFR events ASAP pending getting away from work! Should happen...can't wait to drive another track than just Infineon...though she is enough to keep me busy, still! And the Russell Racing program is so damn good and competitive...I LOVE that series. Anyone that wants to drive or learn Infineon must call Russell...they are such pros.

I'm really excited to run alongside (or ahead of!) the Atlantics to see how the F1000 fares, particularly the PRO FMs since the power to weight is so similar. Maybe it'll be quicker since I'll be more apt to throw a $50,000 car around vs. them in their $100,000 cars! :-)

My email is nicholas@goprocamera.com if you want to catch up, Ted. I want to learn more about SFR racing as all I have done is Russell...thanks!

Thread Information