Liked: 447

Default rFactor Controller Setup Info

Last week I was able to help a driver enjoy the game more. He was pretty frustrated with how the physics felt and how the car was driving, but I knew that he was a better driver than what he was showing. I also knew that the physics are one of the best for racing games out there right now so I figured something HAD to be wrong. Taking all that into consideration, I figured it to be a controller/wheel setup configuration problem. When the wheel is configured correctly, you should be able to feel the car get loose through the force feedback. I sent him my personal config file to shorten up the learning curve a bit because we were in the middle of racing last Tuesday, but I also offered up some very helpful posts regarding controller setup. One other important issue to consider is that with Logitech steering wheels, the force feedback setting needs to be in the negative numbers so if you wanted full force feedback on a Logitech wheel, you would want to push the slider to -100. Not sure if that goes for any other wheels, but you'll definitely feel something is wrong when driving the car if you go in the wrong direction. Here are the links to check out. They should get you in the ballpark, but you will have to tweak them to your liking. There are other links that spawn off of this one so check them all out. Feel free to post any other helpful links you may find.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=246978

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php...&postcount=103
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

Hey Keith or anyone else,

I can't get those links to work. Care to pass what I should do to get the full benefit from my Logitech driving force wheel. When I tried out the trial version tonight briefly, the force feedback was not doing anything and I found I was drifting down the straight. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 4

Default Wheel - Force Feedback

Al:

At one pint my wheel was working, but got no force feedback at all. With the tangle of wires on my desk, the unit had becomed unpugged from the surge strip. Make sure you have power.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Al Craighead View Post
    Hey Keith or anyone else,

I can't get those links to work. Care to pass what I should do to get the full benefit from my Logitech driving force wheel. When I tried out the trial version tonight briefly, the force feedback was not doing anything and I found I was drifting down the straight. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Those links still work, they just take a long time to load.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Hey Keith, I'm hoping you (or any other rFactor pro) can help me out with a problem I'm having. I followed all your advice and edited the controller.ini file and all that good stuff which helped a little bit I suppose, but my main problem with the force feedback in RF is the rediculous "centering" effect. Going in a straight like I end up swerving all over the place just the keep the car going straight because of this nasty effect. I can't find any option anywhere for adjusting this individual effect so the only solution is to turn down the overall FF level in RF which just kills all the other effects I actually want to retain. Adjusting the "centering spring" setting in the control panel has no effect on this, it's all in-game it seems. How can I get rid of this? It's horrible, I don't know what they were thinking...

I'm using my beloved old Logitech Momo Force, the heavy duty one pictured here: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Logitech wheels need to have negative FF settings. Try -70 and see how it works.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

That did the trick. I just dialed in -100 and now it seems good. The overall FF effects are still very low and i'm maxed with everything so that's puzzling, but that's another problem I suppose. :-/

Liked: 25

Try the real feel add-on.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Try the real feel add-on.
    I was actually very close to installing that last night but it seems like people have such mixed results with it. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I have more time to tinker. What are your thoughts on it?

Liked: 6

I have some questions about my Momo steering wheel, it's the same one Sonicdeathmonkey has.
    The first issue is, I'm trying to figure out how to get the turing radius of the wheel corrected. As it sits I have to turn the wheel to full lock, which is about 80 degrees to get the wheel on the rf3 car to full lock, which is a pain on tight turns.
    I the windows game controller area when I test the wheel the little animation window shows the wheel at 45 degrees when I have it turned the full lock, which is about 80.
    The next question is, how do I get more force feedback into my wheel. I am using the Real Feel program, which seems ok, but the wheel is just to light/easy to turn.
    I'm gonna try and search the rfactor forum to see if there are any suggestions over there.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Don

Liked: 6

Both issues resolved. Interesting little program tweak DXTweak2 from a guy over a rfactor.

I just received rFactor today from Amazon. for some reason it does not recognize my Logitech momo wheel (it recognizes pedals and wheel, but not shifter). i want to run the sereis with you guys, but IDk how to get any tracks, or make a skin.
    any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Nevermind, it works, although the FF on me wheel does not. and I found the post where to get the links. I should be able to race with you guys...once I get a litttle bit better

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Slight necro but, just got a logic3 topdrive and cant seem to get RFactor to recognize that it exisits..
    CDR T&S (Road Racing) "Screw politics lets race"
    '84 Mazda RX7 S7 #30 "The Famine Car" aka "The Vampire car"
    '97 Mazda Miata "Baby Cop Car" ES #30
    Help stop world hunger

Did you restart the computer with it plugged in first?

*facepalm* it recognized it but because I hadnt mapped any keys to it the diagram wasnt changing for it, mapped a few controles and so far everything looks to be working.
    CDR T&S (Road Racing) "Screw politics lets race"
    '84 Mazda RX7 S7 #30 "The Famine Car" aka "The Vampire car"
    '97 Mazda Miata "Baby Cop Car" ES #30
    Help stop world hunger

Good deal

Liked: 4

Hmmm... these links are dead.

Here's what I'm getting: Each time I try to move a slider on the settings page, it doesn't "take". If I switch to another screen and come back, it will be right back where I started. I tried making changes in the .ini file, but that doesn't seem to be loading either.

Any tips?
    #45 FE - Personal twitter: @AOERacing
    RaceTimer+ and business twitter:@Epipiphero

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Same remark about the links to setup a controller, they are dead now.
    I have installed "Real Feel" and would like to get some guidance on how to set it up. Or even better get a baseline ini file for a G27 that I can work from.

Thanks,
    JS
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Thread Information