Liked: 1

Default Who will be the first???

So who is going to be the first driver/owner to race a car in an SCCA National race as an F1000?

FYI....We should be displaying our F1K-07 at the Snowbird Double National in mid-January (more later), but it won't be race-ready at that point.....and another FYI....F1000 is shown grouped with FV and F500.....I hope they're doing that because they know there won't be (m)any F1000's, because that will be "chicane-city" when there are cars.

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Liked: 111

F1000 and FV---that will be lovely

Liked: 48

[quote=Matt Conrad;120929]
    FYI....F1000 is shown grouped with FV and F500.....I hope they're doing that because they know there won't be (m)any F1000's, because that will be "chicane-city" when there are cars.
    quote]

My guess is the person who came up with grouping is not aware of the performance potential of a F1000 car (a F1000 must be a F500 with a bigger engine). I'll even venture to say that the majority of the people in charge of setting groupings region by region are not even aware this class even exist. And then you have all of the PIA tech guys across the country...Sounds like fun.
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 3787

Sean O'Connell could do the Sebring National in January. He's ready.
    Not sure he cares about nationals. What's it get ya... a trip to Topeka.

Default Topeka

A trip to Topeka.....Yea, that's the ticket!

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 271

Default Gloria

Could well be the Gloria that will be at the PRI show on display. It will probably stay here to use as a demonstrator to get folks into F1000 and may well run the National at Sebring.

Liked: 11

I've already contacted National about F1000 homologation & although they don't have the package ready yet, I've been told that my car will be #1.
    Probably won't be going to Sebring in Jan but Roebling in March? Definately Road Atlanta in February....
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 0

#1? Would that make your car an immediate collectors item, destined for the yearly venture to the Historic races at Laguna Seca?

Perhaps the Stohr will show up for a test at the Sebring National?

Ken
    Ken

Liked: 0

i believe that there is supposed to be a stohr at the pri show also.

Liked: 16

Default Stohr F1000

Stohr has a booth at the PRI Show, and our first production F1000 car will be there. We will post more photos under Car Building very soon. After the Show the car will be shaken down. Delivery of the first 12 cars will begin soon after.

Default Gloria

Phil,

What engine package will the Gloria have? The website shows the Yamaha Fazer 1000cc, but I don't think that can be it as the US version of that motor (FZ1) only makes about 132 HP at 11,000 RPM. I heard the DSR version had a GSX-R1000, so I would assume the same for the F1000?

Matt Conrad
    Phoenix Race Cars, Inc.

Thread Information