Just wanted to relate my experience with buying a halon fire system last week.

I had a lot of questions about Halon vs. AFFF, actuation and installation, so I visited SafeCraft in Concord, California last week. This is a small company that is very capable in their engineering approach to safety equipment. Don answered all my questions and concerns about the available materials. He explained all of the advantages and limitations of each.

They have extensive experience in military, commercial, and general aviation, motorsports and marine systems. They also sell a very neat system for protecting enclosed trailers. I think it would be a good investment along with one of Logager's trailer alarm systems.

I bought a 5# Halon 1301 manual system from them on the spot.

They also build very nice, well made SFI compliant restraints, seats, windownets, etc.

SafeCraft is capable of filling some non-DOT bottles (Lifeliline, etc) depending on the fittings and rupture disk. They just cannot ship a filled non-DOT bottle. You must come in and pick it up.

One other question. Will the SCCA ever consider other extinguishants other than Halon 1211, 1301 or AFFF? There are other accepted materials available.

http://www.safecraft.com/

The usual disclaimers apply.

Regards,
Dan Wise