Thread: computer help

Liked: 8

Default computer help

i have a computer just sitting around its is a dell with a intel celeron 2.00ghz processor 256 mb ram, 28gb hard drive. I have a sound blaster sound card and i was going to buy a decent vid card so i can run the game. Do you think this computer will run the program and take a vid card. I just want to run it on here for now until i buy a new pc after the new year.

thanks

anthony
    Anthony Carbone Jr.
    SCCA SRF Gen3 #16
    05 Porsche 997

Liked: 0

Default rFactor on laptop

I have been running rFactor on my laptop just try it out. The game says I don't meet minimum requirements, but it seems to run OK with most of the graphics turned down. I've not tried it on my wife's AMD Sempron 3000 2 GHz mainly because she only has 16MB (shared) graphics. Maybe I'll steal a little more main memory for the graphics and try it out. I'll let you know how it works.

I'm fixing to order a new computer just for rFactor.
    Meanwhile, according to the game, I have:

DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.50GHz @ 598 MHz
    QPC: 3579545 tps
    SRAM: 760 MB
    GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
    VRAM: 98 MB
    DRIVER: 6.14.0010.3943

Windows reports 128MB video ram, but rFactor disagrees.

Hope this helps. Other users have a lot more experience than I do and can probably give you a better answer.
    Bob

Thread Information