Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

I really hope that Mr. Clayton says that at 17 pages, going quote-counter-quote is not productive, this thread has run its course and asks the moderator to lock it.
    Last edited by Bob VanDyke; 12.18.06 at 9:32 AM. Reason: Thread went from 16 pages to 17.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_Workr View Post
    I would really like to hear Mr. Claytons answer on this one. Based on his other postings I would guess he would keep things as they were last season, let the 10 cars have their session and tell others they can't play if there isn't room.

I see it as 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Either we do something that will effect about 7 drivers (fast formula) or we do something that could effect far more people as a whole (no room in the group).

Mr. Clayton, what is your take on this perplexing situation? Are you willing to offer a solution or are you only willing to add fuel to the fire with the name calling and riticule?

Mr. Smith,

Interesting post. I've already answered this question elsewhere in the thread, and it's not anything like what you think my answer would be. To wit: merge them in with another thinly subscribed group of compatible cars, and let them make their own choice about participating.

If you would be so kind as to send me a private message citing the specific instances where I have engaged in name calling and ridicule, I would be happy to address that with you separately from this thread.

Cheers,
    Rennie

Liked: 174

Rennie:

Don't sweat it! The only name calling has been provided by the SM boys over on
    their website. It seems that when they run out of facts then name calling starts.
    And I thought I was done with this topic. Adios'

Mark

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Clayton View Post
    Mr. Smith,

Interesting post. I've already answered this question elsewhere in the thread, and it's not anything like what you think my answer would be. To wit: merge them in with another thinly subscribed group of compatible cars, and let them make their own choice about participating.

If you would be so kind as to send me a private message citing the specific instances where I have engaged in name calling and ridicule, I would be happy to address that with you separately from this thread.

Cheers,
    Rennie
    I am in 100% agreement with your solution of "one group for all OW" until the numbers warrant a change. The fact remains the OW rep for the fast formula cars was a no show at the meeting where the decision made. The Vee/500 rep was there and very vocal about this proposed option. This combined with ONE stewards "opinion", moved the CC away from this option.

Many on this board have demonized the SM rep for his position, even though without the buy in of others this idea would have died. This misplaced anger to someone who has given me nothing but respect as a worker really annoys me. No one is liked by everyone, but the SM rep is a stand up guy. You need to separate the man, from his opinion and duty to the ones he represents.

Though many on this board have mentioned it casually it's the workers again who pay the price with the latest decision. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the contribution I make to the club. I pay the dues, I drive the miles, I get up early and stay up late all to support my club. I paid hundreds (maybe thousands at this point) of dollars of my personal money to do what I do for nothing more than a thank you and maybe a flashlight that works twice. Now I am being asked for just a little more The drivers will hardly notice the slightly longer day unless they are in the group that doesn't have 16+ cars in it. Every other driver will hold to the same schedule as in years before.

Extra contributions to the worker fund are nice, but I would like to see some drivers drag it out of bed and put out fire bottles and brooms out on the corners at 6am and be there at 6pm when they are collected. I would like to see some drivers out there pushing a broom while everyone else is at lunch cleaning up a 3/4 mile oil spill because a driver didn't want the embarrassment of being towed in and kept going. I could go on, but I think you see where I am going. WDC does have one group of drivers that fill, distribute and pick up coolers with water to all the stations. Cheesrs to them!

Oh well, I have contributed enough on this subject, have fun Mr. Clayton

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default "One steward's opinion"

There may have been only one steward present, but that's all that is supposed to be there; one representative from the specialty. While you may view it as "one steward's opinion," I can say with complete confidence that it is the majority of the stewards' opinions, as it has been discussed previously at our stewards' meetings. It may in fact be the unanimous opinion, but I do not know that for certain, but I have never heard anyone (steward) take the side of accepting a single formula-car group for the DC Region.

Larry Oliver
    Steward for the DC Region
    Larry Oliver

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information