Liked: 126

Default Cooper FF2000 Series Dallara

If you missed the post on this, it is here:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...344#post119344

I'm writing this in F1000 because that is where I belong (not the Dallara).

After reading the article, I was impressed with the package, but more so, irritated.

1) $100,000 price tag being subsidized to $67,500 for 26 cars, just enough to get a series going. How can they call that Formula Ford 2000? Why didn't they simply build the car and series to F3 rules? Who owns the Formula Ford 2000 name? Does SCCA?

2) Thank God we didn't allow carbon chassis in F1000.

3) Our cars will be quicker and significantly cheaper. I have no problem running at our expected speeds in a well designed tube frame with correctly designed crushable structures.

4) Those new Dallara cars will probably never get to club racing. They might be classified in FA but down in power and aero. I hope SCCA Pro is not the sanctioning body. I do not at all want to subsidize their series because this is our competition.

5) It seems Jon Baytos is trying to outmaneuver Van Diemen now with this series. It sure looks like it's all about the money.

Liked: 142

i heard it is already legal in SCCA as an FA with a 220hp version of the zetec.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav

4) I hope SCCA Pro is not the sanctioning body. I do not at all want to subsidize their series because this is our competition.
    If SCCA is requested to sanction a series they don't own, they are paid a fee for sanctioning the series. I believe Baytos ows the series, so the money should flow into SCCA for the privilege of having SCCA sanction the series.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Cooper Series tidbits

To my knowledge SCCA never owned or had "rights" to any of the versions of the series, dating back 20 plus years. Sure SCCA Pro sanctioned the series for a time, but so did USAC, Grand AM, and IMSA I believe. In 2006 NASA sanctioned the Cooper Series and we are working together to do so again in 2007.

Why compare any professional series to a club program? Apples and oranges you know?

Also, why do so many people think the road racing world revolves around SCCA and that everything must have come from there?

Geez, it's a big world out there.....

I'm sure the FF2000 Series(Mike Rand's program) will have a successful future as well.

Bryan
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Liked: 126

Bryan,

I think I was feeling grumpy or something last night... maybe not enough beer.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 31

Yes........ This is mostly about money.

Liked: 24

That's the problem with business, it requires money.
    Money to promote, money to employ, money to insure, money to pay bills, money to grow, money, money, money money & more money. If it wasn't for money we would all be in business.

The truth of the matter is; it requires three times more effort to make the same dollar as it took four years ago.

Sorry, I guess I've been having a bad day at the office dealing with everthing it takes to make money.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Jason

I feel your pain. 3 times harder to make it,but the good news is I've found a new way to spend it 10 times faster. I'm still offering him up for adoption.

Liked: 0

Default wait a year or so

Jim:

Wait a year or so before letting him be adopted.

He will be worth more then, after arriving in F1.

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JByers View Post

The truth of the matter is; it requires three times more effort to make the same dollar as it took four years ago.
    Jason,

Isn't THAT the truth !!!!!!!! I'm working twice the amount, .. spent ten times the amount
    on equipment, .. just to be under priced by the next guy, .. I don't know how
    some people survive, .. .. ..

5Axis CnC head porting, .. heck I think I'll just start doing machine work for aerospace, ..
    at least I'll get paid what it's worth, .. .. .. maybe.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Default F2000 Series

Bryan - You know the answer to your question."Why does everyone think road racing revolves around SCCA." For many years only a hand full of organizations wanted to deal with road racing.SCCA was at the fore front then just like today.Now it appears to be the new cash cow everyone wants to be involved with.Proliferation of everything is inevitable even road racing.Sooner or later ,probably sooner all the weekend race dates will be full and all credible organizations will have their dates and that will slow down. Until then it is race to see who gets what.

Thread Information