Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default A brief note on Pegasus

IRP specializes in unique, hard parts just for formula cars. For my own racing, I occasionally have to purchase from other vendors. I recently needed to buy a new oil pan fitting for my Titan pan, and I called Pegasus. They had the item and shipped it right away. Unfortunately, UPS lacks the same attention to detail, and they mis-delivered the part. I found this after checking the shipping number, calling Pegasus again, and confirming with UPS. (During a two-day period, UPS misdirected three of my shipments!)

Bart at Pegasus was extremely professional in the way he handled this. He called me again and offered to ship a second unit and accept the return of the original (if it ever showed up). The fact that he initiated the call to me and extended the offer was remarkable!

Pegasus handled this whole matter in a way that indicated that they were not just interested in the sale, but interested in helping me make the race. Good job, Pegasus, and thank you!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 36

Larry:

Thanks for sharing this with the forum. I too have found the staff at Pegasus to be top shelf.

John D.

Liked: 553

Thanks, Larry. Good to hear.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Same story here. Earlier this summer I ordered a set of CVs & boots for my Ralt/Busa & UPS promptly lost them. Pegasus immediately sent me another shipment within a couple of days.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 47

I'm very fortunate to have Pegasus within a 20 minute drive from my house. The best part is Pegasus is open on Saturdays! Need a part while at Road America or Blackhawk - NO Problem, give them a call and they will have the parts ready for pick up or in some cases deliver to the track if someone is heading that directions. John Hayden and Bob Clark and the rest of the Pegasus team are extremely helpful and very supportive to the formula community (East vs. West Challenge Sponsor for several years) - thanks for the exceptional customer service over the years.

Ian Lenhart
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 0

Pegasus is awesome!!!!!!!!!

I was having trouble rebuilding my oil pump last week, called them and I think Bob stayed on the phone with me for at least 20 minutes explaining what I was doing wrong... plus he took an order for me and it arrived 6 states away in 2 day. They are definetly top notch!!!!!!!!
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

After 15 years in the prep business and dealing with just about every race supplier there is,...I can say that Pegasus is the way a business should be run ! There was a few "lean" years there for a while, but the origional owners are back and they are better than ever!

Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports and Classics ltd
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Default Up in Smoke Motorsport declares Pegasus Rulez!

Hi,

I buy my clutches etc from Pegasus.

It arrives in South Africa quicker than I can get from local sources.(4 days)

John is absolutely the best supplier.

Regards
    Riaan

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Customer service is A1.

I Deal with Bart all the time.. Excellent sales person as all others are I would think.

I have had little defects in some products shipped or just been purely unhappy with the product and have had zero issues returning anytime..

This really says they stand behind customer satisfaction.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Default Pegasus service

I have also been a happy customer for a lot of years, normally Pegasus is THE first call I make when searching and /or ordering hardware for my own or customer cars, either formula or small GT's.
    Ricardo

Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Sometimes I get an email confirmation of a phone order before I can hang up and check my email. And almost always "In Stock" really is amazing!

Default Meet me at...

The first time I returned to Road America from Montana there were several last minute parts that I needed. One of people from Pegasus coordinated with me while I was on the road and met me in a mall parking lot to deliver the parts when I couldn't make it to the shop before closing time!

Dave
    Springstein, Madonna
    way before Nirvana
    there was U2 and Blondie
    and music still on MTV...

Bowling for Soup, 1985

Default Another happy customer

Not to shill shamelessly for a vendor -- but . . . Pegasus has been a great source for all manner of little and big necessities. Here's one example. My racing helmet began to show small cracks along the lip of the chin apron. Concerned that delamination had begun, I wanted to send the helmet to maker for inspection. I, of course, could not find anything relating to the sale. I couldn't even remember when I'd purchased the damned thing. I'd bought the helmet through Pegasus, so I contacted them -- and they not only sent me immediately copies of the transaction documents but advised me how to handle the inspection, what to ask, etc.

I know that this goes without saying but John Haydon is the best.

Liked: 553

Default Pegasus is great!

I had a great Pegasus experience today. Last week I bought two new Spa mirrors, and one lost the glass while on track. Most vendors would have assumed that I didn't have it sufficiently tightened, but John accepted my, "it wasn't my fault!" story. In fact, he took the time to pass on some information and advice. I don't think he'd mind if I shared it with you. It could be information that some of you will find useful:

Hi Russ,

Sorry for the trouble! I don't know if SPA have been trying to save money on glue or what... I have seen a couple of mirrors with either just tiny little spots of epoxy (so small they miss the mounting tabs in the housing) or no evidence of glue at all.

A couple of people have told me that putting a small bead of epoxy around the edge of the mirror glass is a good preventative measure to keep the glass from falling out. I did that on my mirrors last year and haven't had a problem. We passed that suggestion along to SPA, who evidently haven't decided to do it yet. If you don't mind, I'd like to forward this email to them as a reminder.

We'll get you a replacement mirror out today.

A couple of other tips -- don't use Loctite on the housing screw. The chemical attacks the plastic and it will literally fall apart overnight. I had another customer who lost 4 mirrors that way (in 2 days) before we figured out what was happening. He then put a drop of Loctite on the old pieces and watched the spiderweb cracks develop before his eyes -- wild!

I've also started carrying spare mirrors -- more for other people than for myself, but there was that time my car cover flapped so hard it tore the whole thing off the car.

And if your car already had mirrors like this before, the body is probably drilled for access to the center set screw, but most people don't know that the set screw (that holds the stem steady relative to the base) must be tightened after the mirror is installed and adjusted. I have a pair of Allen wrenches taped back-to-back and wrapped with Velcro so I can keep it in the cockpit and tighten them before every session. The left mirror is a little more prone to loosening from aero pressure because the wind tries to turn the housing anticlockwise, which turns the screw in the loosening direction.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks!

John
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member

One more satisfied customer here - and I really don't know what I'm talking about! :-) The folks over here have been so patient with my often times inane questions, the items I've had from them have always been top notch (have two orders in with them as I write, in fact), zero complaints, and, as others have mentioned, somehow they always manage to have what I need in stock. Uncanny, that...
    Cheers!
    Chris
    Chris Leong
    Team 5150
    Lynx Solo Vee

Thread Information