Liked: 1

Default ENGINE STANDS 50th Birthday Special The Lola Registry

Hey guys, I'm turning the big FIVE-OH on Sept 18th and I am hating it. So to keep my mind off the day, I bought enough steel to make 50 engine stands of my own design. Unlike the standard ones, mine will allow you to easily install or remove anything on the engine from oil pumps, sensors, oil lines, flywheels, starters, hell, you can assemble the whole engine on these stands. Plus, being an anal compulsive, I have also included a place where to screw in your engine mounting bolts when not in use. The total weight is only about 10 pounds but you can stomp on it without any deflection. Easily stored and they come unpainted so you can spary them any color you want. They will fit Ford 2.0 SOHC, 1600, Cosworth BDD and BDA, and Lotus Twin Cams with the 4 mounting bosses on each side ofthe engine.

So here's the deal. In helping me to get me through my 50th Birthday, I am dropping the price from $89.95 (almost half of the Pegasus model to begin with) to 50 bucks for 50 days for 50 stands starting on Sept 18. Now at 50 bucks, you have to figure, that's pretty much at cost, so here's your chance to get the most versitile engine stand for next to free and provide some therapy for a good cause at the same time. Thanks to everyone in the racing community and for the support and kind words for The Lola Registry, Allan (908) 233-8313

More info at
    http://www.thelolaregistry.com/Parts...gine_stand.htm Click the add to cart to purchase
    Last edited by Allan T. Chou; 07.05.07 at 7:54 PM.

Liked: 553

Looks like a sweet deal.

The URL didn't work for me, but this did:

http://www.thelolaregistry.com/Parts...gine_stand.htm
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks Russ, updated the info. Allan

I forgot to mention, the stands are available with 5/16" coarse threads for 1600's BDA's, BDD's and the Lotus TC, or 8mm motor mounting bolts for the 2.0 SOHC. The stands are the same, but I have to weld on the specific bolt holders. I take Pay Pal and offer a discount on shipping for multiple purchases, e-mail me first for shipping quote. I also take Money Orders, but I have to say, after two days, I'm about half way through my 50 sets, so they may not last very much longer. If you really want one and are paying by mail, please e-mail me so I could put one aside for you. I'll be happy to do it, and don't want to disappoint anyone, but after 50, I'm done, units that is , not years lol. Thanks Allan Gearbox@comcast.net

Liked: 36

Allan:

Don't worry about the BIG Five-Oh. I hit that one many years ago. Don't even care to count. I'll give you a phone call to ease you through it.

John D.

Liked: 0

Allan:

My 58th today, so I have to have one. I sent you an e-mail, but did not include that it is for a 2000cc Pinto.

Thanks,
    Lyn

Liked: 25

Default Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!
    From surfing through your web site in the past and admiring the job you do on your cars, I think that whoever is preparing the cake better make it perfect!
    - Frank C

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the kind regards. I've been busy sending off these stands all week and all that have order, the stands are on its way. I have a few left and don't want to disappoint anyone who really needs one, so please order it now. Gotta get back to fixing my cars. Thanks again Allan

Liked: 309

Default Thanks!

For those of you that have not acted, do so now while you still can! Fives days from order placement to doorstep was totally unexpected. Great quality and a great price. I would have to say this is one of the best deals I have had on anything racing related in a long time...

Thanks again Allan!
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the great turn out for the stands. All paid for stands have been shipped. Although we have far exceeded the 50, I do not want to disappoint anyone who really needs one. So I'll continue to make them available until my supplies run out. I also have a handful for those who asked me to set them aside and haven't made payment yet. So if you still want them, please let me know now. As Chris was kind enough to say, you can't make these stands for what I'm selling them for, so if you ever toyed with getting one, now is the time.

Just to let everyone know, my next project will be Lola T340/342 aluminum radiators and I'm designing an electric (12V) quick lift that will allow you to balance a Formula car 24" high and to spin it around a full 360 degrees. Needless to say, I'm trying to do both projects as group buys so I can get the best prices on materials so I can keep the overall price near cost and way below retail.

Thank you again for your support for www.TheLolaRegistry.com ,and if you have bought one of my stands , please let me know what you think. It was great fun making these, but always looking for the better mouse trap. Cheers Allan

Liked: 36

Allan:

That quick car lift sounds like just the ticket needed for paddocking in tight spaces. I know that when we enter our paddock spot at tracks like Lime Rock, Dave drives the car in nose first. So I have to back the car out by hand and do the turn and push routine until I can back the car in, just so he can later drive the car out nose first. LRP can be a pain to try to back out into the travel lane.

Anyway this should be a real interesting thing to have. Please keep me informed on this one.

Oh yeah, we have taken delivery on our little engine stand from Allan. Simple in design, strong and well finished. (And those little welded on nuts to keep track of the engine bolts is a very clever idea.) The stands are now supporting our FF1600 engine as it awaits shipment to our builder for freshening. For the money there is NOTHING close to these stands.

Take care Allan and if the next 50 are like the first, watch out!

John D.

Default Last Call

Thank you all for the great responses for the stands. And your kind comments from all those who recieved one are very much appreciated. While I blew through the first 50 within the first 3 days, I don't want to disappoint anyone so I made them for all that needed one. But as with all things, we have to finally end it at some time and I have to get back to my cars and new projects. So this will be the last call at the $50 price. Thank you all again and I hope you enjoy the stands, Best regards Allan

Thread Information