Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default WGI regional July 23 results ?

Any results from the Glen last weekend ?
    FF?
    NCF?
    FC?

Liked: 190

Mike,

EFCN has some coverage here:

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...d2c5230470c11f
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 126

Here is a partial synopsis I wrote:

Qualifying on Saturday was a nightmare. The first session was totally blind in a heavy rain. They black flagged it after two laps, and I thought it was because the conditions were so poor. But apparently the lap timing system was inoperative. Anyway, I pulled in the pits and waited to hear something - nothing - so I drove to the paddock. Our group then went back out for 3 more laps - so I missed out and received no time.

The second qualifying session Saturday afternoon was almost as bad.

Sunday was mostly sunny. There were a couple FF's that got tangled up (Don Veith) in the turn after the bus stop on the first lap - only a local yellow. Then we had a couple clean laps... Somewhere around lap 4, we had 3-4 laps of full course caution due to some carnage at the Esses.

Here are some of the results you might be interested in:

1 - Sawyer - FC
    2 - Houtz - FC
    3 - Nadler - FC
    4 - Laverty - FC
    5 - Lutz - FF
    6 - King - NCF
    7 - DeVoe - FF
    8 - Gemert - S2
    9 - Smith - NCF
    10 - Boyer - FC
    11 - Akin - FF
    12 - Mayo - FM
    13 - Veith - FF (penalized 3 positions for passing under yellow)
    14 - Costa - NCF

18 - Shepard - NCF
    24 - Van Nostrand - NCF
    26 - Foster - FF - Bad float in carb
    Hungerford - DNF

Liked: 73

After the heavy rains on Saturday, we raced on a very green track. Even the two warm-ups and the 3 race groups before us didn't manage to lay down much rubber, so times were off by about 3 seconds for each class.

Sawyer posted a 1:56 in FC, Foster had a 2:07 in FF and I managed a 2:10.1 on the GY600's in CF during the race.

The rain was fun(yes, I'm twisted), I had the fifth fastest session time and had Foster scratching his head. I guess the combination of a new set of GY rains and the extra 85 pounds my overweight car(it couldn't be me) carries made for a good rain setup for the Glen. It was hairy in spots with the puddling and the rivers running across the track at certain spots. Not to mention near zero visibility if you were even 100 feet behind someone.

In the race, on the first lap, Veith managed to spin in the toe of the boot, Smith stalled trying not to t-bone him, and everyone else was balked but managed to get by. That really gapped Foster and I way ahead of the others. The field was bunched after a safety car session to clean up oil from Hungerford, laid down before two to halfway up the esses.

On the restart Foster and I had a good jump but he started sputtering due to a broken float, and Lutz drafted my barn door Zink and we both shot around Foster before the inner loop. Lutz got ahead and gapped me about 1 second a lap to the checkers, with Smith making a great comeback from last overall to finish 2nd in CF.

Mike Gould and Mike Hummel (both FCs) tangled in turn 11 when Gould, with Hummel right behind, spun and Hummel had nowhere to go, sending both into each other and Hummel very hard into the tires that protect the outside wall. Hummel and Gould both walked away, with Hummel thanking his lucky stars and his HANS. Both cars were severely damaged
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 73
    JD
    Zink Z10

Thread Information