Thread: ReWeb belts??

Liked: 73

For the cost of having SFI belts done every 2 years, you're better off buying a set of FIA belts that are good for 5 years.
    I got a set of Schroth's for $279.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 3294

Willans can be had new for ~$280. (Motorsports spares, Indianapolis, 317-241-7500).
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 3

To answer the original question, NO, Simpson will NOT re-web belts any more.

Douglas Brenner

Call Peter Hunter at 604 939-8661. I think he has a business rewebbing seatbelts. Douglas

www.brennerfabrication.com

Liked: 0

Anyone know if Simpson or someone is still re webbing belts?...Anyone had any expierence with having that done??

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

I've always had mine rewebbed at Bell Motorsports. Very reasonable and quick. www.bellmotorsports.com

Liked: 6

Originally posted by J.Burr:
    Anyone know if Simpson or someone is still re webbing belts?...Anyone had any expierence with having that done??

Liked: 6

Willans available at C&R Racing Indy 317 293-4100
    Club 6 Single seater @ $247.00

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Tom,Bellmotorsports only rewebs Pyrotec belts.

Didja ever consider that perhaps there is a valid product safety reason that the belt manufacturers don't re-web belts, other than the cynical profit answer?
    Would you have your parachute re-canopied or re-webbed or wouldja just go the prudent and safest route. I know what I would do.

BTW, I don't favour cheap helmets or
    re-fiberglassing every 5 years.
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

Thanks, I didn't realize they only did their own belts. Guess I just never noticed. I sure don't have a problem with re-webs. I don't think the hardware wears out that quickly (I'll probably wear out first) and the same guys re-web them that make the new ones. The only difference to them is that the hardware isn't as shiny.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1487

It's the cynical insurance/liability answer. The cynical profit answer was just a bonus

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

My parachute lasted far, far longer than my seatbelts! It spent hours in the sun and locked in a hot cockpit. It required occasional inspection and repacking, but the life was for many, many years. But of course, it was supplied by the government...

Yes, I'm skeptical over the 2-year requirement for new belts!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Buying a new set of belts presumes that the new belts won't have a manufacturing defect of some sort that makes them worse than your old belts.

Since the SFI rating was wrong by over half I think it would be fair to say that someone at SFI was either grossly incompetent or criminally negligent.

I suppose that everyone is now going to replace the belts in their street cars and tow vehicles every two years? After all, those belts are out in the heat and UV far more than any race car belt.

Thread Information