Default Film at 11

Some pics...

Upper left: The group 2 race grid
    Upper right: Front runners; Zuccarelli, Mcbride, and Poma
    First down on left: Mr. Rob Poma
    First down on right: Tyler Raatz
    Second down on left: Rick Capone with son Brice bored by Mr. Media Whore
    Second down on right: Brice watching Frog make minor repair to a Reynard
    Third down on left: "it takes a village" L to R ?, Court Dowis, Mark Hatheway, Frog, Rick Johnson, Joey Hatheway, GR, Joe Gandy
    Third down on right: Court Dowis and Frog lead field off grid for Sunday's race Notice Frog's "umbrella girl" is none other than GT1Vette (before he lost 10 pounds on pit lane a few minutes later ).

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 9:08 PM.

Liked: 553

Default Impressive performance ...

One thing that impressed me during the weekend was how fast Rob Poma drove. From the very first session with no test day, his ('97 VD FF2000?) lap times were about the same as mine (240 HP Swift Toyota Atlantic, fat tires, tunnels, etc.) That's probably saying as much about my driving ability as it is his, but there were a lot of fast cars that he outqualified, such as, a Swift 014a FA, a Pro FM, all of the CSR, DSR & FSCCA cars, etc.

I know we have several exceptional drivers in the ApexSpeed community, and Rob is definitely one of them.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 3787

Default sarrcford

FAST, and a real nice guy. Go figure.

Always thought it would be neat to see him do a serious national tour and Runoffs. Rob's Apexspeed handle says a lot, he likes the SARRC series. And last weekend was an example of what a great series it is.

Liked: 0

Default Mike and Russ, checks in the mail !

Thanks guys for the kind words. It was good seeing everybody and the weather was never an issue. Wow, lots of cars and a good run group !

Rob Poma

Liked: 1

We had a lot of fun this weekend... Seeing everyone and watching my buddys haul butt! Thats the Marietta possie on the grid in P-2 and P-3. Russ in his new DB-4 out running an .014 and a ProFM COOL, and Rob in a RF-97 just on rails all weekend beating everything in site...both guys have no crew? Tyler's new car has been put aside so he could change his dads GP engine 4-5 times this week SO if his dad ever gets a good engine his RF-99 will get some love and be in Robs mirrors. Brice had no problem going fast in his brothers "hand me down" RF-97 look out for him at the SIC.

Mike was no slouch this weekend (new car, new non purple paint) but clutch woes put a damper on his effort But it was great having most of the CFC gang back togather (PF's paddock doing a clutch) Court, GR, Mike and myself, to bad it wasen't at the Shellhouse though. See Mike there is life after the RO's?

I had great starts both days ( Court said "jumped starts" Sorry I saw green) that and Rick Johnsons support were the highlight of my on track weekend , Im sure it was the tires ?!#@%^?? But just in case its, back to reading "Going Faster" and working on the 71-F for CMP to race in "The Monster".
    Thanks for the paitence that EVERYONE had with my slow butt this weekend!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information