Thread: shifter

Liked: 3

Default shifter

any idea's on a shifter set-up i could install to run buttons on rf89 van dieman/yamaha r1.
    would like it to be 12v stand alone.
    thanks gord
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Liked: 3

The drag bike guys use air shifters. I wonder if a pair of them (one for up, one for down) would work?

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/as01.asp

Probably not very well, now that I think of it -- that small air tank would run out pretty quickly in a road race!

Liked: 77

There have been numerous discussions of this topic on the www.sportsracer.net forum, but the search facility there is useless, so I can't point you at most of them. One recent one is here: http://p081.ezboard.com/fdsrforumcar...icID=771.topic If you ask the question, you will get plenty of answers (try asking in the Car Building section).

Dave

Here are some shift-without-lift products:

Here are some electronic solenoid shifters:

Liked: 285

Air shifters are good for 1500 - 3000 shifts per bottle. Common bottle is a paint-ball 3500 psi bottle in carbon fiber weights about 6 or 7 pounds.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 79

Here at Williams Racing Developments we have just installed a Pro-Shift Solenoid Shifter onto a 2000 F1 car. This system is, as mentioned, an electric solenoid shifter, the kit incudes push button operation as standard, an adjustable control box to vary the timing of the built in ignition cut, upshift and downshift times. There is also an optional vacuum operated blipper avaialable that will allow clutchless downshifts as well as optional titanium paddles.

This system was originally developed for motorcycle use and comes as a 'bolt in' kit for most bike engines.

For more information do not hesitate to give us a call at the number below.

858 220 0927
    www.willrace.com
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Liked: 73

Have you looked at a door lock solenoid? For any modern car. They are very dependable, weather resistant and are easy to come by on the market. Or at any junkyard for that matter. I've been toying with the old solenoid out of my checy pick-up, double action, two buttons for the 12v trip w/common ground. Fun to tinker with and easy to mount.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 0

Default button /flatshifters

hi all ,
    i have 2 freinds who both run flatshifters one of them bought it and talked our other freind into buying one they boyt run new gsxrs they did a comparison run side by side and the difference in performance was very impressive the ign cut on these is about 30 mseconds they also do a autoblip feature which allows clutchless downshifts as well i borrowed one bike to try this bit of kit and was very impressed will purchase one myself soon as funds allow i phoned flatshifter who said they will work with any other makers button shifters

Thread Information