Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Liked: 9

Default An Actual Rules Question

First, if this question has been discussed somewhere in the 15 pages of this thread I've missed it, so please forgive me. Secondly, I apologize if this is clear to everyone else but me:

In the GCR on page 336, "F1000 Dimensions-Table 5" line "E. Maximum height of any aerodynamic device" the measurement is "Rim height".

The GCR's Technical Glossary defines "Aerodynamic Device" as – "An attachment to, or an integral part of, a car intended to generate atmospheric downforce by the action of air flowing through or around the attachment." OK, for most discussions, a wing. So how are all the F1000 cars racing today legal with rear wings attached well above "Rim height"?

I see that in the FF/FC rules, Table 4, shows this Dimension more specifically as "E. Maximum height of any aerodynamic device forward of the front wheel axis" again the Measurement in this case is specified as "Rim height". Is this just a case of missing text in the Table 5 that hasn't been corrected for years?

Thanks,
    Randy

Liked: 1397

Randy;

E refers to the drawing on page 296.

E is the maximum height for any body work forward of the axel center line. In short anything forward of the axel center line must fit in the box described by dimensions B and E.

This rule has been in effect for at least 40 years for formula classes that have been defined by the old drawing and now this drawing.

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Cook View Post
    First, if this question has been discussed somewhere in the 15 pages of this thread I've missed it, so please forgive me. Secondly, I apologize if this is clear to everyone else but me:

In the GCR on page 336, "F1000 Dimensions-Table 5" line "E. Maximum height of any aerodynamic device" the measurement is "Rim height".

The GCR's Technical Glossary defines "Aerodynamic Device" as – "An attachment to, or an integral part of, a car intended to generate atmospheric downforce by the action of air flowing through or around the attachment." OK, for most discussions, a wing. So how are all the F1000 cars racing today legal with rear wings attached well above "Rim height"?

I see that in the FF/FC rules, Table 4, shows this Dimension more specifically as "E. Maximum height of any aerodynamic device forward of the front wheel axis" again the Measurement in this case is specified as "Rim height". Is this just a case of missing text in the Table 5 that hasn't been corrected for years?

Thanks,
    Randy
    Randy, you are one of several guys in F1000 who have caught this omission. The wording is in the process of being corrected right now.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 8

Default F1000 Rules Proposal

This wasn't enforced at Sebring anyone know the status of this now?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information