Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default 2006 NEC Schedule

In response to comments received from a variety of NEDiv drivers, a schedule for the 2006 NEC series has been developed that accomplishes many of the wishes of the respondents. First, it includes both ends of the double regionals at Pocono and NHIS instead of the past practice of just using the Sunday race for NEC purposes. Second, due to schedule conflicts and low attendance, the BeaveRun NEC race will be run in conjunction with the national race in June. This is typically a just an FC / FF field, so it shouldn’t be too bad for the Club Fords (I’ll keep track of them for NEC points). Third, a second Watkins Glen date (in July) has been added to the series. And finally, the NEC will be mostly aligned with the new FSCCA NEDiv Championship schedule (see SportsCar website for more details) to foster a greater event for formula cars. So, here's the 2006 NEC schedule featuring 10 events over 7 weekends:

NEC-1 April 29 Summit Point
    NEC-2 May 13 Pocono
    NEC-3 May 14 Pocono
    NEC-4 June 18 BeaveRun (also a FSCCA event)
    NEC-5 July 8 NHIS (also a FSCCA event)
    NEC-6 July 9 NHIS (also a FSCCA event)
    NEC-7 July 23 WGI
    NEC-8 August 19 LRP (also a FSCCA event)
    NEC-9 September 16 WGI (also a FSCCA event)
    NEC-10 September 17 WGI (also a FSCCA event)

Sponsorship for the series is currently being worked out.

Plan to be with us in 2006 for a great time.
    Last edited by Bob Lutz DB-1 #54; 01.13.06 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Correction of date for LRP

Liked: 157

Bob,

EXCELLENT! I am in to the extent that my life outside of racing will allow. Thanks a ton for the effort in pulling the series together again. To a great racing season with the best guys and gals in the game!!

Liked: 73

Nice work Bob.

I'll do my best to make NEC 1-3 and NEC 7-10.

I'm shooting for the Labor Day double at Summit Point also, we used to get 20+ fords that weekend, it'd be nice to see that again.

With a family vacation in the late June-early July area my schedule is pretty full.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Hey Bob,
    Count on me at #2-3,8, 9-10. As Greg Kokolus travels in my trailer I think it is safe to say he will be at the same as me.
    I owe you an email, patience my friend.... Mike

Default NEC team Challenges East West team???

Looking over the fence, so to speak, at the East West challenge I notice that they have a FF/CFF racegroup that is their season ending event at Nelson Ledges. Only 6 days after our NEC season finale at the Glen. Are any of us wealthy enough ($$, vacation days, spouse credits) to somehow go west and then further west to make both events??? It ain't that much further and we only live once. Man, I must have cabin fever!! Anyhow, it sounds like a totally irresponsible idea, but it is certainly very tempting. Anyone??

As interesting as Steve's Nelson EWC idea is, though I haven't been to Nelson in years and hear they have done significant facilty improvements, the track was always interesting, especially dodging the potholes, here's another thought.
    An NEC/EWC invasion of the ARRC at Road Atlanta in early November.
    A few of us Yankees have been threatening to invade for years and it just hasn't happened.Yet. Is 2006 the year ?
    It would really be a Club Ford at-least-east-of-the-Mississippi "National Champion".

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Default Car Count

I am planning my schedule for next (this) year. For me, the decisive factor is car count. That's what makes the EWC so attractive, even though it's further away for me than other regionals.

I am certainly looking at the Nelson EWC round. The ARRC would be a hoot, _if_ there was a bigger turnout in CF than last year. Who wants to go?
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member

Default Car Count

John,

If you're looking for car count, try the NEC events at Pocono, Lime Rock and the Glen. Last year we had 20 to 30 entries at each of these NEC events.

As for Nelson Ledges, I've been there the past two years for the "Pumpkin" and the facilities are MUCH better (don't even have to bring a lawn mower anymore). The track is still rough in places, but no potholes to dodge anymore -- Scott has done a good job trying to address the issues there. The track itself is very interesting as you spend most of your time in 3rd and 4th with sweeping turns and the top FF and CF guys will turn a 100+mph average lap speed. If you've never been there, you've got to go once -

Default Aug 20th

August 20th, 2006 on my calendar is a Sunday. Will there be Sunday racing at Limerock this year?

Just trying to sharpen my schedule.

Thanks.
    JD
    Zink Z10

No JD, Saturday as ever, the 2 day Regional NEC event id August 18-19, Fri/Sat.

Contributing Member

Default LRP date

The date for LRP has been changed in the schedule at the start of this thread -- thanks for keeping me honest

phew, I'm glad. I would hate to show up on Sunday to an abandoned track, lol.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Contributing Member

Default NEC Opener

Only 78 more days until the NEC opener at Summit Point ! I hope everyone has started on the winter projects so they are complete in time to join us at Summit Point.

Default Summit opener

Who's going?

I'm registered
    JD
    Zink Z10

Default I'm registered.

So far, only red cars in CF. Maybe we should write it into the supps.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member
    Liked: 20

I'm planning on it, the car's almost ready.
    Steve

Okay, the April 29-30th first event of the NEC is coming up.

I'd like to think that everyone is going to enter

Summit Point is a good place for some go-fast racing.
    JD
    Zink Z10

it's going to rain. I like rain. See you there

Contributing Member

Default NEC-1 at Summit Point

Anyone have results from NEC-1 at Summit Point?

Default NEC/MARRS Results

See: http://offtotheraces.net/m1-06r4.pdf

Congratulations to Dave Petzko (FF) and JD King (CF) for their wins. Congratulations also to Stephen Wilson for setting a new CF spec tire lap record (1:19.696).

It was a glorious weekend at SP - sunny and 60's. There were 300 entries, but paddock space was not a big issue.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 8

Default 2006 NEC schedule

I looked at the results page and was encouraged by the numbers of cars entered (10 8 CF & 2 FF) Aside from JD and Steve there were many names I don't recall ever having been on track with before. Two of the cars entered show a hometown within 10 miles of where I live. Hopefully some of these drivers will show up for the regional at Pocono next week.

Regards,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF #56
    Mertztown, PA

Thread Information