Thread: October Races

Liked: 7

Default October Races

Any suggestions on races in October? I live in suburban Louisville KY(Indiana side) and will tow up to 400-500 miles. Need to find some races to run in October.

I am planning on St. Louis the last weekend, any thing the first week of October?
    Thanks!
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 10

We will be at Blackhawk on Oct. 8th and 9th.
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 0

St Louis Double Regional - Last weekend in October. Always a blast! Go to www.stlscca.org to get an entry form. Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Liked: 0

Default October Races?

There's a race at Summit Point on October 8/9 also, and one at
    VIR on Halloween weekend, as I recall.

John

Liked: 25

Default Memphis Regional 10/15-16

There is a Midwest Division School-Regional at Memphis 10/15-16:Memphis Regional
    - Frank C

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Nelson

I think there is a race at Nelson Ledges in October as well. Go to the scca.com site and select a region and they generally have the schedule of races listed.

Liked: 6

Usually 2 at Nelson in October, a week apart.
    Anything is possible, until it is proven impossible.

Liked: 605

oct 29 -30 VIR - worth the drive - the SARRC race could be 1/2 hour in length

Liked: 34

Default worth the drive

Guys
    Just a "short tow" to MONTEREY CA for a double regional @ Laguna Seca Sept 30-Oct 2. CA in Sept-Oct (dry) is fab, the track world class (and since the 2005 upgrades, safer), dinning options up the yin-yang, and some of the most expensive golf courses in the country. The views stupendious (Pacific Ocean and Cypress tress). And a great turn out of racers. What's not to like? Of course, I'm on the left side of the US, so I might be biased.
    dave jalen

Liked: 3

Midwestern Council will be at the new Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, IL) -- SOUTH track! -- on October 2.

If you want more track time than you can shake a stick at, come to "That Looong Race" at Blackhawk (South Beloit, IL) on October 16. A 100 mile race on a 2-mile track (that's 50 laps for us art majors) for $165!

MC accepts SCCA Regional and National licenses, WHRRI, BMWCCA (Full Comp), EMRA, CASC, PCA (Full Comp), NASA, and Skippy National licenses.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by JHaydon
    Midwestern Council will be at the new Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, IL) -- SOUTH track! -- on October 2.
    Has this been confirmed? The word last month that ABJ wouldn't have a starters stand nor timing loop in place in time so this event would move to the North track. The Rockford MCSCC site has almost no details. Clues?
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Liked: 3

We were told yesterday by the sponsoring club that the track bent over backwards to make it happen, and it's all set to go on the south track. I'm as surprised as anyone, because I was told it was a zoning or ADA issue -- something governmental, which made me think it wouldn't be resolved in my lifetime.

The official word as of yesterday is that it will be on the south track. Now, it may be that T&S will be in a school bus a' la GingerMan '95, but it will be there!

The Autobahn website says that CCS (motorcycles) have run the south track, but no photos of the tower or mention of what date it was.

Note that this is in contradiction to the entry form, which was printed when the north track was expected to be the only option.

Thread Information